Jump to content

Automatic MarketConnect Account Registration


Recommended Posts

Automatic MarketConnect Account Registration:
If your install isn't linked to a Marketplace account, 9.1 now attempts to create one during upgrade, with a starter credit applied.

WHMCS has now reached a this point. I'm sure the community cannot wait for this highly requested feature. 🤣

it's clear that WHMCS is now at the stage of milking the software and community as much as possible. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was coming here to ask. I don't want one, ever, as I will not use it. I'd imagine at some point this will simply show up on customer facing pages and someone will want something from it, forcing us to develop a hook to vanish it.
Stop removing choice, WHMCS. This is NOT ok. 

Edited by bear
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, bear said:

Was coming here to ask. I don't want one, ever, as I will not use it. I'd imagine at some point this will simply show up on customer facing pages and someone will want something from it, forcing us to develop a hook to vanish it.
Stop removing choice, WHMCS. This is NOT ok. 

I think WHMCS are in and have been for a while the stage of milking the software for us much short term gain as possible at the cost of the long term community and direction.

I think the reality is the small hosting industry as a whole is in major decline and WHMCS are seeing the same decline so they are now just milking it dry. A bit depressing but with the rise of Wix, AI generated websites/hosting, Shopify etc the decline is going to continue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The loss of choice is the part that bothers me most, since an upgrade should never silently create accounts on my behalf. It is worth checking the 9.1 release notes to see if there is an opt-out flag or a hook point that skips the account creation step. Taking a full backup before upgrading and testing in staging first would be a sensible precaution either way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines and understand your posts will initially be pre-moderated