Does not send email when manually crediting a payment

After upgrading to version 8.9, when I select an invoice and credit a payment manually, the system credits the payment to the customer's account but does not send the payment confirmation email to the customer.
In the Email tab of that client, the email that should have been sent does not appear either.

Just come here searching to report this myself. I'm seeing the exact same issue. 

If I mark in invoice as paid, an email confirmation doesn't get automatically sent. I have to go back, and manually click the "Send Email" button. This has only started since updating to 8.9.0

Hi. Checking, and same issue here since upgrading yesterday.

Maybe it's related with this other bug I was reporting:

Because if I generate invoice through a Stripe charge, e-mail is sending well and data is registering OK too. So I think both bugs could be related...

Edited by donostiarra

5 minutes ago, kennerty said:

I'm have a similar issue since updating to 8.9, but the payment isn't even being added. The "Add Payment" button changes to a loading button and spins forever.

image.png.63c47f92080338ac4cb5732fa6a73c83.png

Can you open your developer tools and open the Console. Press the button and show us if there are any errors.

If not, open the network tab in the developer tools and switch to Fetch/XHR. Press the button and see if the response for either requests mentions anything indicating the issue.

Edited by leemahoney3

I am having same issue.  Adding payment manually, going to invoice add payment.  Payment confirmation checked.  No email.  Using bend admin theme.  whmcs 8.9 php 7.4

no email sent according to logs

I will try inspect but usually do payments via cellphone, so will need a chance to do on laptop

Edited by Dkuzik

14 hours ago, Dkuzik said:

I am having same issue.  Adding payment manually, going to invoice add payment.  Payment confirmation checked.  No email.  Using bend admin theme.  whmcs 8.9 php 7.4

no email sent according to logs

I will try inspect but usually do payments via cellphone, so will need a chance to do on laptop

Check the activity log also, if an email fails to send it wont log on the clients profile but will leave an entry in the activity log (should mention the email address)

There is not any error in activity log either. Not sending e-mail, and not error. Nothing in console in browser.  Later, sending it manually, it works OK. So, since upgrade, I need to add the payments, and later send the notification manually for each payment.

Still not sure if it's related to this bug, also adding manual payments: https://whmcs.community/tags/CORE-19178/

Maybe @WHMCS John can confirm this.

Thanks.

Edited by donostiarra

We are having this similar issue we are adding a manual payment via the add payment tab the button just spins until we stop it.  We have refreshed the page, tried a different browser and restarted the server with no fix.

On 4/04/2024 at 3:28 AM, donostiarra said:

There is not any error in activity log either. Not sending e-mail, and not error. Nothing in console in browser.  Later, sending it manually, it works OK. So, since upgrade, I need to add the payments, and later send the notification manually for each payment.

Still not sure if it's related to this bug, also adding manual payments: https://whmcs.community/tags/CORE-19178/

Maybe @WHMCS John can confirm this.

Thanks.

This is exactly my issue. No errors. Works with add funds. Blend template.

• 3 weeks later...