Email template variable was {$bank_transfer_instructions}, now {$invoice_pay_method_description}? Why it returns blank? How to return the Bank Transfer instructions in the email text?

Formerly I used  {$bank_transfer_instructions} but now it returns a long string of what seems random characters (for privacy reasons I will not paste it because it might mean I reveal my bank details in coded form).  So I looked down the page in the list of variables what could apply. I found  {$invoice_pay_method_description}. Not very clear if description is the same as instruction here. I tried it out and it returns nothing to the email text. So what is this description? There is no description field in Bank Transfer. How can I instruct my clients then when there is apparently is no variable to that displays the instruction of this method?

On 10/13/2023 at 12:44 PM, Damo said:

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't noticed the change. Is there documentation anywhere that shows what is returned and what variables can be used in the templates? 

I upgraded late from 7.x to 8.8.0 which might explain why you did not notice this.

More specifics  about these variables I could not find in  documentation nor in this community. The available variables are listed in each email template page with a short explanation, that's all there is . Links to the templates can be found at admin//configemailtemplates.php .

Edited by com2

• 2 weeks later...