Difference between profile, users and contacts tab?

kipperjp

I don't understand this. Why can't the profile owner reset password but a user can? Seems like a user who is a different contact from the profile is the owner of the account?

This make no sense to me. How do I add the profile owner to the users list in a customers account so that they too can reset their password if needed. Especially now that we have no way to reset it for them.

If I try and invite to associate user, the email does not come up in the list even though that email is in the account profile.

Edited by kipperjp

5 hours ago, kipperjp said:

I don't understand this. Why can't the profile owner reset password but a user can? Seems like a user who is a different contact from the profile is the owner of the account?

Err, wait what?   Under the Client's summary page -> Users tab in your WHMCS admin, there is a user with "Owner" next to the name, correct?  That user should be able to login to the client area and go to the account menu -> Change Password.  That owner should match the account profile, however, looks like the user's name and email address do not update the user's name and email when updating the profile via the admin -- and likely via API / class calls. 

Thats the weird thing - the profile and the user owner should be the same. Case here was owner who signed up originally lost hist password. His info is in profile. But he had 2 users and one of them was owner, but no longer with the company. The person with the profile cannot reset password, nor does the lost password function for the profile owner. We need to tie the profile with the user thats labeled as owner.