community missing content

Forgive me if I get this wrong. Not logged in for a while as have been busy with projects.

Noticed a few thing with our community account:

1. profile image dissapeared! Not bothered TBH
  2. followed content that would be useful and was hoping to revisit when we had time GONE

Maybe I am being thick here but WTF is there a time limit or something? epectation to login everyday just so we dont lose content thats being followed? or is it more simple? i.e. not using the right search options? checking content I follow and there only 2 topics out of about 50+ that we had followed for later review.

Got better things to do than searching everytime for stuff we searched for previously ot stay on the board day in day out (like that maes you a profit)

A good RANT is in order but whats the point?! Just hoping I am being thick and not spotting the option to view those followed posts (checked every link tho). Why do they (you know who) have to make everything incredibily hard?

Anyone had the same experience?

Chances are the changes that happened over time while they fiddled with the f_o_r_u_m settings (like replacing that word with community automatically) removed your avatar. As for threads, some tend to vanish all sudden like if something in it was perceived to be an issue. 

Hey @Manchester Web Hosting i'm unsure why followed content would have disappeared, do you have an example that I can try and use to dig into and determine what may have happened?  Certain threads, such as those that are in Beta Release boards are moved to a hidden status following the closure of a beta period, the only other time threads are deleted when they are SPAM.

10 hours ago, bear said:

Chances are the changes that happened over time while they fiddled with the f_o_r_u_m settings (like replacing that word with community automatically) removed your avatar. As for threads, some tend to vanish all sudden like if something in it was perceived to be an issue. 

yea i would get that if settings were changed that the profile image could go TBH not bothered about that. Its the threads I followed that bothers me. Followed quite a few last oct/nov and now they have all gone 😞

5 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Hey @Manchester Web Hosting i'm unsure why followed content would have disappeared, do you have an example that I can try and use to dig into and determine what may have happened?  Certain threads, such as those that are in Beta Release boards are moved to a hidden status following the closure of a beta period, the only other time threads are deleted when they are SPAM.

To confirm they were not beta release threads OR spam threads as they were pretty informative with loads of help from members like @brian! and @bear

Would love to give you some examples BUT without going through and searching for threads again (which will take ages) there is not any examples I can give. the only thing I can say is taht looking at my profile (as admin you can see it all) there is only say 3/4 threads that are followed and thats definitly not correct.

Looks like I am going to have to become a bookmark ninja instead. Least that way the conetent I find useful wont dissapear UNLESS you can do something about that @ChrisD ?

19 minutes ago, bear said:

Ok, so not specifically deleted but made non-public/invisible to regular users, then? Quite a few non-spam threads have gone missing/hidden to us over time here. 

Ah, ok. maybe thats the case. wouldnt have said they were spammy tho an wonder what the reason is to hide them. sigh. just going to bookmark and get the page cached by web archive. least will be there when needed then 🙂

4 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Certain threads, such as those that are in Beta Release boards are moved to a hidden status following the closure of a beta period

we can reply to threads from 10+ years ago, but we're not allowed to re-view a potentially relevant thread from a few months ago? 🙄

they should just be locked and their subforums removed from the front page.... though I suspect the reason as to why they're just hidden en-mass with only selected threads being moved to other subforums.

10 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Certain threads, such as those that are in Beta Release boards are moved to a hidden status following the closure of a beta period, the only other time threads are deleted when they are SPAM.

there's not much of a difference between hidden and deleted from this side of the fence.

5 hours ago, Manchester Web Hosting said:

To confirm they were not beta release threads OR spam threads as they were pretty informative with loads of help from members like @brian! and @bear

well if it was a thread from the last four years that I was involved in, caught my interest, or found staff to either be overreacting or not doing their job properly, then I will have a complete searchable copy of it locally - threads and PMs get auto saved in two places locally as soon as I submit a reply, so if you ever remember the relevant thread...

granted, you won't need to go to that extreme, but it's proved to be useful for me, and more so for the future.

certainly, if you ever see a thread in the beta forums, it's safer to assume that it will be deleted/hidden/whatever upon closure of that for-hum and take the appropriate steps to keep a copy of it.

1 hour ago, brian! said:

though I suspect the reason as to why they're just hidden en-mass with only selected threads being moved to other subforums.

would love to know your thoughts on it....

1 hour ago, brian! said:

there's not much of a difference between hidden and deleted from this side of the fence.

exactly. kind of defeats the point of having a community?

1 hour ago, brian! said:

well if it was a thread from the last four years that I was involved in, caught my interest, or found staff to either be overreacting or not doing their job properly, then I will have a complete searchable copy of it locally - threads and PMs get auto saved in two places locally as soon as I submit a reply, so if you ever remember the relevant thread...

Yup, it was a few threads where you have given some stella whmcs ehm ehem support! Some I was directly in BUT the majority of them were when you helped others. Definitly helpful and useful for them BUT for many many other whmcs users etc..

1 hour ago, brian! said:

granted, you won't need to go to that extreme, but it's proved to be useful for me, and more so for the future.

Well, as can be seen its useful. TBH i wont be going that far. becoming the bookmark nija I havent got time for will have to do for now until they kill of six OR worse still whmcs turns fully SASS 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, brian! said:

certainly, if you ever see a thread in the beta forums, it's safer to assume that it will be deleted/hidden/whatever upon closure of that for-hum and take the appropriate steps to keep a copy of it.

yup, thats a given!