Client Group Colors not showing?

it it just me or do Client Group background colors no longer display on tickets in the helpdesk?

it was a very handy function to easily identify different groups of our clients when doing support however since upgrading ive noticed its no longer changing the background color of the clients name in the ticket list.

is this something that was removed or a bug?

11 hours ago, theozsnowman said:

that age old question - i'm inclined to think this is a deliberate change, because there are changes to the template (perhaps to avoid confusion with the owner/guest etc labels)- though I equally couldn't rule out an oversight on WHMCS' part during testing as the client groups styling are still used on other pages.. 🙄

on viewticket, you could write a hook to put the styling back; but on supporttickets.php, then that's more difficult and you're likely in the realms of using JavaScript in a hook (as there is no template to work with).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 12:46 AM, theozsnowman said:

it it just me or do Client Group background colors no longer display on tickets in the helpdesk?

it was a very handy function to easily identify different groups of our clients when doing support however since upgrading ive noticed its no longer changing the background color of the clients name in the ticket list.

It was highly likely removed by mistake. Report it as a bug.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 5:13 PM, WHMCS John said:

Hi all,

We opened case CORE-15572 as a result of these reports, and are planning to make sure the Client Group colour is displayed to correspond for the ticket owner.

This is scheduled to be included in v8.1.

Thank you for the reports!

group_account.png

@WHMCS John will this also be included in the main ticket view?

Credits to @Kian for the temp fix

5 hours ago, AzeDK said:

@Kian if you get time, can you update your script to take into count "Guest" tickets ? 

They show up without <a href=""> tags inside the <small> tags.

Its non-clients that make tickets.

It breaks the loop array for me 🙂

That's correct. Now it should work also with "guest".

• 3 months later...

Hello thanks for the code it worked here. But I had to make two small corrections, I don't know if others may have the same error, in line 30 it was necessary to put the term 'undefined' with quotation marks.

And on line 36 it was giving an error here for me, so I disassembled it and it worked, I removed the part "params.length - 1" from inside the variable 'id' and everything worked.

But it still helped a lot, thank you very much.