Remove Certain Registration fields

bakiiwa

Hi Everyone,

My name is Bakiiwa and I am new here. I am not sure if this would be the appropriate community for my question (if not, please direct me and thanks in advance).

I was wondering if anyone knows how to hide - other than making them optional, certain fields of the registration form? for example, I only wanted to collect Username/Email address and password input from the customer/client and after the client registers, they would have to confirm their email address and upon their sign in, to make it mandatory for them or keep a notification open for them to complete all the other profile fields within the client area?

I read somewhere that there was/is a way to accomplish that by defining a value as N/A or notavailable and "hidden"  but that doesnt work for me, I am using WHMCS v 7.10.2.

Any ideas might help.

I am looking forward to learning from anyone.

Thanks,

Bakiiwa

On 05/09/2020 at 20:19, bakiiwa said:

I was wondering if anyone knows how to hide - other than making them optional, certain fields of the registration form?

you'll have to make any non required fields optional via setup -> general settings -> other, otherwise if you remove/hide them, the user will see an error message and won't be able to  complete the registration.

On 05/09/2020 at 20:19, bakiiwa said:

I only wanted to collect Username/Email address and password input from the customer/client and after the client registers, they would have to confirm their email address and upon their sign in, to make it mandatory for them or keep a notification open for them to complete all the other profile fields within the client area?

so the first half is simple - you can just edit the clientregister template and remove those unwanted fields - if the fields have been made optional in the settings, then the only required fields should be email and password... if the templates had proper CSS classes and IDs, then you could do this easily by CSS, but without them, it's awkward to do... if you're using a custom theme, this might be an option, but if not, editing the template would be simpler.

the second half would require a hook to check on login if these fields are empty, and if so redirect them to the details page and prevent them going anywhere until they complete them... it would be roughly along the lines of the thread below...

1 hour ago, WHMCS Dan said:

The only solution I'm aware of for this is the method you mention, setting them as hidden html fields in the template and pre-filled with a default value which should allow you to collect minimum information to create the account.

you shouldn't need to prefill them if the fields are set as optional in the settings... and if you're going to set them as hidden, you might as well just remove them...

Edited by brian!