Custom Password Reset Page

FHost

Hello,

So just like a custom login page, I would like to use a custom password reset page that allows customers to reset their password. The integration code readily available within WHMCS made it a breeze to setup custom page for login but not so much for password reset.

With some digging around, I was able to narrow down to the code below used on this WHMCS  page - https://abc.com/password/reset/begin

<form method="post" action="/password/reset/email/validate" role="form">
<input type="hidden" name="token" value="3f91d283a2546395d504d9d6cf0c218895584fca" />
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="reset" />

<div class="form-group">
<label for="inputEmail">Email Address</label>
<input type="email" name="email" class="form-control" id="inputEmail" placeholder="Enter email" autofocus>
</div>

<div class="text-center margin-bottom">
</div>

<div class="form-group text-center">
<button type="submit" class="btn primary-solid-btn">
Submit
</button>
</div>

</form>

I paste this code in a html file and test it out and it works intermittently but when uploaded to server (and after the custom redirections are taken care of for password reset), it does not work. I input the email address, and in following step it then displays a WHMCS 404 Oops Page instead of successfully sending password reset link over email.

To add, my WHMCS is well setup and password reset feature worked just fine before I tried setting up custom page i.e. pwreset.php still works fine but custom page passreset.html does not

I highly doubt the first two lines of the above code and I think culprit lies there. The value in 2nd line of code changes at every request and I have not been able to get my head around it on how to correctly implement it.

Please help!

Thank you in advance.

image.png

image.png