Purchase price is greater than available balance

On my own reseller hosting account, I have added myself as a new client in WHMCS today and initiated a new domain purchase through the client area. I paid for the domain with Paypal successfully.

Back in WHMCS Admin area, I can find my new account and my paid invoice, but under the "Domains" tab I see the domain I want to procure and the error message "Domain error - domain not found".

I have attempted to register this domain using the "register" button with my chosen domain provider, eNom, but I receive the error message "Purchase price is greater than available balance".  I have added $40 to my MarketConnect account and my domain price is $14.95, so there's more than enough to cover this transaction.

eNom has been activated as my registrar, and their domain pricing has been synced in Products and Services.

I'm out of ideas. Am I missing a step? Thanks!

error.PNG      balance.PNG

On 28/06/2020 at 03:56, cathyk said:

I'm out of ideas. Am I missing a step?

yes - MarketConnect has nothing to do with eNom - so you've paid the $40 to the wrong people (to WHMCS rather than eNom)! 😲

possibly you got a free eNom subreseller account from WHMCS, but even so, I think you still need to deposit the $40 with eNom rather than MarketConnect (which is only used by WHMCS for SSL, Weebly etc products).

so you're going to need to deposit the amount with eNom - possibly you could try contacting MarketConnect, and getting them to transfer the balance (or refunding), but I would suspect they're run as two separate depts and you will be better off depositing directly with eNom yourself - especially if that domain still hasn't been registered and there is a risk that someone else might register it in the meantime.

On 6/29/2020 at 4:17 AM, brian! said:

yes - MarketConnect has nothing to do with eNom - so you've paid the $40 to the wrong people (to WHMCS rather than eNom)! 😲

possibly you got a free eNom subreseller account from WHMCS, but even so, I think you still need to deposit the $40 with eNom rather than MarketConnect (which is only used by WHMCS for SSL, Weebly etc products).

so you're going to need to deposit the amount with eNom - possibly you could try contacting MarketConnect, and getting them to transfer the balance (or refunding), but I would suspect they're run as two separate depts and you will be better off depositing directly with eNom yourself - especially if that domain still hasn't been registered and there is a risk that someone else might register it in the meantime.

I can totally understand how people get confused, for them it makes no difference on what WHMCS or Enom or even a module is, they now expect WHMCS to handle all those issues and products because WHMCS blurred the lines between selling their software and selling services with the Market store launch.

Thanks for the replies! Yes, I saw nothing in the settings or documentation that would lead me to believe that I couldn't totally procure a domain from within WHMCS. Even the goofy error message basically says - hey, you haven't thrown enough money at us otherwise this would work.

I did go into my eNom reseller account and do what was needed. Now I'm going to go test out the MarketConnect customer service and see if I can get that $40 back.