How to Upload Image ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @bear

Thank you for the information. I'm not able to locate this at my end. However I have see many new members are able to change the Profile pic within days of joining and that was the reason I posted this question...

10 hours ago, bear said:

In your profile, if you're allowed to upload an image there's a small icon on the bottom left of that "V" (mine is a "B"). Click that and you should see options for profile pics.

No @steph.hope not like that, every forums / community does have some set of rules and we have to abide being a member as @bear mentioned earlier. 

Hope @WHMCS ChrisD can help us once we open a thread in the community help section and ask...

7 hours ago, steph.hope said:

Ok, so only certain people are even allowed to. That's just ... unexpected.

I'm not just concerned, I've just somehow never been in a community with rules regarding who could have a profile picture before.  I couldn't figure out what the criteria are considering there are people with 5 posts with pictures, but if it's a time thing it's all good, I'll get there eventually 😌

5 hours ago, steph.hope said:

I've just somehow never been in a community with rules regarding who could have a profile picture before.

I have. Many communities will "trickle" perks to members to encourage posting, as well as restrict access to things like profile edits, signatures and access to certain areas to prevent "hit and run" members (those that would join, post an ad or add a signature for SEO potential and so on, then leave).

Here, it might be just that the community software has an incredibly complicated "promotion" system, and something isn't set right. Since they moved to this one, there's been several cases of things that were "off" and required looking into. 

9 minutes ago, bear said:

Here, it might be just that the community software has an incredibly complicated "promotion" system, and something isn't set right.

or the person who specifically recommended changing the 6auIeKy.png software in the first place, still doesn't quite understand how to configure it after numerous years trying ? *sighs*

for years, i've seen multiple issues that weren't there previously - sadly, it's simply not worth complaining about them as I wouldn't trust they'd be fixed without creating new issues elsewhere... and if that isn't a metaphor for WHMCS in general, then I don't know what is!

5 hours ago, VirtualWorldGlobal said:

I have see many new members are able to change the Profile pic within days of joining and that was the reason I posted this question...

i've seen that too - new accounts created and immediately they've updated their profile pic - whereas users on slightly older ranks seemingly can't.

13 minutes ago, VirtualWorldGlobal said:

Hi,

Today I again saw a new member who has joined was able to change the image for Profile but I'm not .   @Ioshf.a you joined six hours ago is that right ?

Please help...

Ηello @VirtualWorldGlobal,

That's correct .  I changed my profile picture without any issues by doing exactly what @bear mentioned earlier in this thread. 

Cheers!

5 hours ago, VirtualWorldGlobal said:

Something seems to be wrong   

did you ever open a thread in Community Assistance about this ?

I know you asked me how to do this on 28th May and that's nearly two months ago - even if Chris has been on his hols in that time, this should have been addressed by now. 🙄

18 hours ago, VirtualWorldGlobal said:

I thought someone from WHMCS will address this issue...

no - I don't believe for one second that WHMCS staff read all of the posts made in this place (I think this thread is a clear demonstration of that, though there are others) - if there is a beta subforum, then the staff will be all over posts inside there - but outside of that limited topic, then there is no guarantee that it will be read/acknowledged or replied to by WHMCS staff.

that's why I told you back in May to open a thread in Community Assistance - as that's their preferred method of private contact - yeah, in years gone by, you or I could have PM'd Chris about it directly, but he disabled his PMs many years ago.

besides which, you created the thread in "Using WHMCS", but this topic is not really about using the software, it's about the configuration of this place... so, if you were going to create a thread publicly, then Feedback might have been a better option and possibly more likely to have been seen by staff... but really, Community Assistance is the way to go because I daresay only a very small number of staff would have the required permissions to make such changes that you seek.

1 hour ago, brian! said:

no - I don't believe for one second that WHMCS staff read all of the posts made in this place (I think this thread is a clear demonstration of that, though there are others) - if there is a beta subforum, then the staff will be all over posts inside there - but outside of that limited topic, then there is no guarantee that it will be read/acknowledged or replied to by WHMCS staff.

I thought someone will but it seems this is here to stay...

1 hour ago, brian! said:

that's why I told you back in May to open a thread in Community Assistance - as that's their preferred method of private contact - yeah, in years gone by, you or I could have PM'd Chris about it directly, but he disabled his PMs many years ago.

He must be receiving too many PMs I assume 

1 hour ago, brian! said:

besides which, you created the thread in "Using WHMCS", but this topic is not really about using the software, it's about the configuration of this place... so, if you were going to create a thread publicly, then Feedback might have been a better option and possibly more likely to have been seen by staff... but really, Community Assistance is the way to go because I daresay only a very small number of staff would have the required permissions to make such changes that you seek.

Yes I should have open a thread in Community Assistance but now I think there is no need...

Thank for all the help and support offered by everyone...