Are there plans for new client and admin themes?

I was just wondering if anyone has info about possible new themes for both client and admin in future?

We've been running WHMCS since Matt personally coded addon modules for clients, which I guess is about 10 years.

I just recently thought to myself, my word "Six" and "Blend" has been with us forever, it would be refreshing to get a new look and feel.

Maybe it's just me.

21 hours ago, Linuc82 said:

I was just wondering if anyone has info about possible new themes for both client and admin in future?

nothing has been announced about v8 yet - and I can't see any new themes arriving in the existing v7 releases.

21 hours ago, Linuc82 said:

I just recently thought to myself, my word "Six" and "Blend" has been with us forever, it would be refreshing to get a new look and feel.

and there are people still using the v4 admin theme which is so old that predates me - I would suspect that v8 will have to include new admin/client and/or cart themes... no doubt it will take them a year or two to get the themes right... there are still bugs with Six that haven't been fixed and that's been around for 5 years.

Bearing in mind the dev teams current view that sticking with Bootstrap v3 is fine (it's not) and that everything is templated (it's not), it would seem unlikely we're going to see new themes before WHMCS v8.

Hopefully they're addressing theming fully in v8 (child themes, de-coupling their code from specific frameworks, publishing their SASS/LESS and uncombined JS source on github etc...) making life easier for 3rd party theme designers. It'll be disappointing if we're still stuck with Bootstrap v3, untemplated output stuck in encrypted code and monolithic themes.

And if they are doing those in v8, some decent forewarning to prepare would be useful.

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2020 at 1:49 PM, brian! said:

have they said this in terms of v8, or just the current v7 releases ?

Now they've said it in terms of v8. 🙁

Edit: They have mentioned a new admin theme though in the blog post their original v8 tweet referred to.

Edited by aegisdesign

36 minutes ago, aegisdesign said:

Edit: They have mentioned a new admin theme though in the blog post their original v8 tweet referred to.

or more accurately, their spin doctor didn't spin that it's a new theme - it might just be an updated and thinned version of blend... time will tell.

A refreshed look and feel for the WHMCS admin area, that provides a slimmer, more lightweight and modern experience on desktop, and an improved responsive and touch-friendly experience for mobile and tablet devices.

their inclination to make it more usable for mobile devises was previously stated.

the improved support for currencies was interesting - and explains why numerous staff over the last few months, were checking out the previous threads i've replied to about increasing the allowed integer and decimal values... it's so simple for them to do.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, aegisdesign said:

Update: Bootstrap 4 support coming in WHMCS 8.1. 

or to give the quote...

I'm pleased to advise that work is under-way to switch to Bootstrap 4. We are creating a new client area theme and updating the order-form templates. We expect to deliver this in the upcoming v8.1 feature release.

they expected to include hosting renewal on demand in v7.8 - that still hasn't materialised a year+ later.

2 minutes ago, Kian said:

and here comes the more problems... 🥵

We'll see. I'm trying to be optimistic. It's difficult in these times of pandemics, brexit and opaque WHMCS development.

Hopefully it'll arrive alongisde Blesta adding Bootstrap 4 support (it's in their v5.0 beta sprints) so I don't have to get my head around using two different versions of Bootstrap finally.. 

1 hour ago, wsa said:

This what I get from a client my:

I'm pleased to advise that work is under-way to switch to Bootstrap 4. We are creating a new client area theme and updating the order-form templates. We expect to deliver this in the upcoming v8.1 feature release.

Stay tuned to https://blog.whmcs.com for more information on v8.1 in the coming months!

I did not actually understand this, how do you know they will be releasing the client area eith bootstrap 4 on WHMCS 8.1?

On 11/3/2020 at 9:54 PM, wsa said:

This what I get from a client my:

Stay tuned to https://blog.whmcs.com for more information on v8.1 in the coming months!

Hope it will be released before the end of 2020. 

Edited by Magicklug

20 minutes ago, brian! said:

even if the first beta was released tomorrow, it definitely won't go GA in 2020.

That gives them a day for discussing implementation with customers & developers, alpha builds etc. 

I'm intrigued at how they're going to implement it without breaking compatibility with existing themes and modules.

Just now, aegisdesign said:

I'm intrigued at how they're going to implement it without breaking compatibility with existing themes and modules.

Well, that's pretty straightforward. They'll do whatever they want leaving all problems to third-party developers and designers 🥵

It took 2+ years of discussions at https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/bootstrap-4-support and 2 - 3 months time frame to upgrade it.

WHMCS devs are capable of doing things, but unfortunately, their priority is not for the users.

I wish to see a quick checkout flow in the latest WHMCS, like a one-page checkout.

I am so happy to see BS 4 in WHMCS. Thank you.