Error: Call to undefined function WHMCS\Payment\PayMethod\run_hook()

Seeing this in my PHP error log regularly now...

[WHMCS Application] ERROR: Error: Call to undefined function WHMCS\Payment\PayMethod\run_hook() in /home/username/public_html/whmcs/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Payment/PayMethod/MigrationProcessor.php:0 Stack trace: #0 /home/username/public_html/whmcs/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/User/Client.php(0): WHMCS\Payment\PayMethod\MigrationProcessor->migrateForClient(Object(WHMCS\User\Client)) #1 /home/username/public_html/whmcs/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Auth.php(0): WHMCS\User\Client->migratePaymentDetailsIfRequired() #2 /home/username/public_html/whmcs/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Utility/Bootstrap/Application.php(0): WHMCS\Auth::persistwhmcsession() #3 /home/username/public_html/whmcs/init.php(0): WHMCS\Utility\Bootstrap\Application::persistSession() #4 /home/username/public_html/whmcs/clientarea.php(0): unknown() #5 {main} {"exception":"[object] (Error(code: 0): Call to undefined function WHMCS\\Payment\\PayMethod\\run_hook() at /home/username/public_html/whmcs/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Payment/PayMethod/MigrationProcessor.php:0)"} []

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi there,

We've been able to reproduce this error and have opened case CORE-13801 internally to have this resolved in our next feature release.

This error occurs when a client logs in for the first time after updating to 7.8.x and ticking the "Remember Me" checkbox

Logging out and back in again with the "Remember Me" option UNticked for the first time will resolve this error.

It should then be possible to use the "Remember Me" option as usual.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 5:22 PM, WHMCS John said:

Hi there,

We've been able to reproduce this error and have opened case CORE-13801 internally to have this resolved in our next feature release.

This error occurs when a client logs in for the first time after updating to 7.8.x and ticking the "Remember Me" checkbox

Logging out and back in again with the "Remember Me" option UNticked for the first time will resolve this error.

Doesn't resolve the error for me.

On 10/15/2019 at 5:22 PM, WHMCS John said:

Hi there,

We are seeing this error too - do you have any timeline for an update on this? 

We're seeing this error in our error_log as well

[28-Oct-2019 11:01:44 UTC] [WHMCS Application] ERROR: Error: Call to undefined function WHMCS\Payment\PayMethod\run_hook() in /home/username/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Payment/PayMethod/MigrationProcessor.php:0 Stack trace: #0 /home/username/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/User/Client.php(0): WHMCS\Payment\PayMethod\MigrationProcessor->migrateForClient(Object(WHMCS\User\Client)) #1 /home/username/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Auth.php(0): WHMCS\User\Client->migratePaymentDetailsIfRequired() #2 /home/username/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Utility/Bootstrap/Application.php(0): WHMCS\Auth::persistClientSession() #3 /home/username/public_html/init.php(0): WHMCS\Utility\Bootstrap\Application::persistSession() #4 /home/username/public_html/clientarea.php(0): unknown() #5 {main} {"exception":"[object] (Error(code: 0): Call to undefined function WHMCS\\Payment\\PayMethod\\run_hook() at /home/username/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Payment/PayMethod/MigrationProcessor.php:0)"} []

Like @Chris74 we too use Stripe & MyWorks PayPal module. The error shows up when the MyWorks cron runs:

/modules/addons/paypal_billing_center/cron/paypalbilling.php

Edited by wintech2003