Best Practises For Own Hosting And Domains

markc

Hi, I want to assign some hosting plans and domains to myself (as the site admin) so that they are registered in WHMCS to keep track of them but I do not want to be invoiced for my own plans and domains. I could muddle through some settings but surely it's something other folks have worked out already. What is the best approach for this?

Hello

I also would like to hear what others are doing. I usually have all personal hosting in WHMCS for track and now with new server sinc tool WHMCS will find then and advertised for sincronization.

What I am doing is setting it with free billing cycle and auto renew enable.

But take care, WHMCS has the abillity to create, suspend, cancel and terminate accounts so even your personal account could be included in those range.

Recently I terminate personaly and most important hosting in WHMCS, because it were cpanel were WHMCS was installed, I killed my WHMCS, and for avoid future issues like that I advice to have you MAIN ACCOUNT on a cpanel that can not be suspended or terminate never, even if WHMCS tries for anykind of reason.

But I am small fish here, lets see what big shark it more experience will share with us.

Edited by zitu4life

• 2 months later...
On 10/4/2019 at 3:20 AM, markc said:

Hi, I want to assign some hosting plans and domains to myself (as the site admin) so that they are registered in WHMCS to keep track of them but I do not want to be invoiced for my own plans and domains. I could muddle through some settings but surely it's something other folks have worked out already. What is the best approach for this?

Setting them to free would work.

Personally for my own personal hosting accounts/domains I have never added them to WHMCS. I have not seen a benefit to doing that aside from the one click login from within the client profile.

19 hours ago, zomex said:

Personally for my own personal hosting accounts/domains I have never added them to WHMCS. I have not seen a benefit to doing that aside from the one click login from within the client profile.

I would agree with that - i've always kept personal and business domains/accounts well away from WHMCS.