Free Billing Cycle on Add Order API

kan

Hi

I have an issue while Placing an order using API. Placing an order with "Free" billing cycle but order placeed with "Monthly" billing cycle. See https://nimb.ws/KhLHV8 .

https://nimb.ws/KvqJiT

Product Setting : https://nimb.ws/a9DWBU

I tried "free","free-account","Free","Free-Account"..etc... But not working.

$postdata = array(
                                'action' => 'AddOrder',
                                'clientid' =>10,
                                'pid' => array('242'),
                                'noinvoiceemail'=>true,
                                'priceoverride'=>'0.00',
                                'noemail'=>true,
                                'noinvoice'=>true,
                                'billingcycle' => array('Free'),
                                'paymentmethod' => 'paypal',
                                'responsetype' => 'json'
                            );

Regards

kan

Hi kan,

from those product settings, what you're seeing makes sense because it shows that it is setup as a recurring monthly product (payment type = recurring).

if you wanted to set it as a free product, you would duplicate the product and create a "free" alternative product - and then use that PID in your API call... if you do that, specifying free in the API should work... at the moment, you're trying to use a billing cycle that isn't assigned to the product... a product can't have both "free" and "recurring" payment types enabled - you could have a recurring product priced at zero, but it's billing cycle wouldn't be free (it would be one-time or recurring).

2 hours ago, kan said:

I understood your point and it was correct but the situation here was I have to use the same PID and using admin I have to override payment method to free for certain conditions.

my point is that I don't think that you can use addorder to create an order with an invalid billing cycle, e.g free when the product is set as recurring - the cart validation will prevent it.... it wouldn't work the other way either if the product were setup as free, but you then wanted to add a price to it and make it recurring.

you could leave it recurring and set the price to 0, but you won't be able to make it free (in the sense I think you mean of "free")... if "certain conditions" are met, can't you just use a different pid (e.g a free product) in your API call?