Managing Expenses in WHMCS

Hi Everyone!

Hope you're doing great today. I have a concern in regards to adding a manual transaction in WHMCS which the scenario is that I've been using Transactions Functionality to track my expenses manually via my personal account as a user client and record all of my expenses there for tracking by listing the expense transaction as Fees alone w/o the Amount In and Out. The problem recently is that I could not do it anymore. Do you know how to fix this? Anyway, assuming it can't be done anymore, I wonder how do you track manually your expenses or other reports that needed to track the Income Statement of the Business while using WHMCS. I would like to ask an idea about a format via excel to extend the limitation of the reports included in WHMCS like the expenses and the bank cashflow. Don't we have an add-on reporting for tracking the gateways transactions? Thanks Guys for your help further. More power to your businesses!

Would be nice if WHMCS develop a way bilt in in the software for expenses, even if WHMCS in not a financial software, but expenses is basic functions needed in everything, even in our lives we have to to know all of our monthly expenses...For your case there is any error when you try to add your expense by manual transition amount out??

Here this it works fine.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @webjive

I do not know what module you have exactly tested but some of than only support only PHP 5, so these developer do not follow-up client requirements, and now WHMCS support PHP 7.2, so tthere is a problem with these module. i have tested easywhmcs module. can you please share what you are using.

@Mauwiks I do not allocated amount out on client, but on my personal user.

it should be integrate on WHMCS like project management are...In the past i was using a module from third part and then developer stop support and do not made more module update and than module became obsolete... WHMCS could made it like Project Management and also increase their profit and a lot of users will certainly bought an addon from WHMCS because we known it will continue has support...

Management Expenses are important for any business, so that is why we can not make adventures with third part module that could suddenly END tomorrow. 

19 hours ago, GoZen said:

We hope that WHMCS can integrate something like this native but... we will see.

have you asked them to do so? the official line would be to submit a feature request - although I can see one already, but it's 6 years old, received 62 votes... and still under consideration. 🙄

12 hours ago, zitu4life said:

WHMCS could made it like Project Management and also increase their profit and a lot of users will certainly bought an addon from WHMCS because we known it will continue has support...

you do realise that PM went many years (maybe 3) without any form of update - neither have the mobile apps.

Edited by brian!

I agree @brian! that WHMCS takes long to update or implement future requests. it is true and sometimes bored for those lot of millions licenses on a subscriptions bases.

But having official addon from WHMCS give users more confident when it is an addon you will intend to use it from long long time. I saw some requests regarding project management improvements and also vote my self positive. I am using project management daily and adapt my needs to the current version and it helps a lot and I happy to know even newest update could take long time to be updated from WHMCS but I know there is less risks to developer (in this case WHMCS) to stop provide security issues or even stop it definitely like lot addon from third part do.

Having Manage expense in future from WHMCS will ensure this too. those manage expense from third part do not ensure at least this confident. So even if improvements updates takes long to come we know we still have addon available.

For Advanced users like Brian and other these risks could be less, but for end users like me and other we need to know we will sleep and module will be available when we wake up.
WHMCS are in every country, so this means, it is a continues business, and for some kind of business we need this confidence.

Now a days there is lot of users using WHMCS for other business rather than hosting, domain, so we need expense tracker officially addon.

In the past i have clain this i guess on a ticket, but like you said Brian, the way future requests works, i did it not on best way...will request it and also post to this community.

regards

Edited by zitu4life

Why should WHMCS build an expenses module?  If they get too far from their core, it just slows down future features when we have way more that need to be tackled.

For instance, with cPanel (and maybe others), why do we need to create a hosting account so that users can manage DNS records. We shouldn't especially with the new cPanel pricing model. WHMCS at its core should know when a domain only customer or admin creates a hosting account that the proper cPanel API's are used to create the new hosting account.

This is a WAY higher priority IMHO than an expenses module since they exist now.  There is NO third party module for DNS management that does what I just described. Not even Modules Garden DNS manager does this.

Big gap in the WHMC/cPanel market features.

36 minutes ago, brian! said:

have you asked them to do so? the official line would be to submit a feature request - although I can see one already, but it's 6 years old, received 62 votes... and still under consideration. 🙄

you do realise that PM went many years (maybe 3) without any form of update - neither have the mobile apps.

The fact that some things take years is one of the reasons I didn't ask.

12 minutes ago, webjive said:

Why should WHMCS build an expenses module?  If they get too far from their core, it just slows down future features when we have way more that need to be tackled.

For instance, with cPanel (and maybe others), why do we need to create a hosting account so that users can manage DNS records. We shouldn't especially with the new cPanel pricing model. WHMCS at its core should know when a domain only customer or admin creates a hosting account that the proper cPanel API's are used to create the new hosting account.

This is a WAY higher priority IMHO than an expenses module since they exist now.  There is NO third party module for DNS management that does what I just described. Not even Modules Garden DNS manager does this.

Big gap in the WHMC/cPanel market features.

The good part is that also 3rd party companies create modules like this one but I agree on this one also! A native solution sounds better....as long as it gets updated differently than the PM