We need instant domain search like namehero

Mamun Mondol

Have you tried using WHMCS NameSpinning @Mamun Mondol? When A client searches for a domain it shows a number of suggested domains.  Theres also a few others such as Enom & ResellerClub

Introducing new and improved Domain Namespinning from WHMCS.  WHMCS Namespinning ranks and returns relevant domain name suggestions across a wide range of TLDs to help drive more domain registrations.  Utilising machine learning technology, WHMCS Namespinning delivers more relevant suggestions by working to understand the context of your customer’s queries, delivers marketing leading speed and performance plus has multi-language support.  WHMCS Namespinning is being made available free of charge to all WHMCS users.

WHMCS Namespinning is enabled by default for new installations.  On upgrade, if you are currently using the WHMCS Standard WHOIS, you will be automatically upgraded to use the new Domain Namespinning feature.  To change this behaviour, navigate to Setup > Products/Services > Domain Pricing and click Change in the Lookup Provider section after upgrading.

Domain availability lookup and domain name suggestions continues to be a distinct feature from domain order fulfillment. You can use WHMCS Namespinning with any registrar.

6 hours ago, Mamun Mondol said:

We need this type of domain search system. Please suggest us how we can build like this.

NameHero will likely have custom written that themselves - it's a nice feature (they're using WHMCS in the background), and if it's purely JS, you can view the code in the browser if you really wanted to.

i've seen the technique used on the sites below, but I don't know if there's a commercially available script to allow you to use it on your own sites.... there isn't one for WHMCS that i'm aware of... there are whois plugins for WordPress, but nothing exactly like NameHero.

reading the small print on the IDS site, it's not a *live* whois search... in practice, that shouldn't make a lot of difference, but explains the speed...

How does Instant Domain Search work?

We download huge lists of registered names from VeriSign and other gTLD providers every night. Almost all domain names that are in use are included in these lists, called zone files. We index the zone files, and host the indexes in data centers around the world.

When you first visit our web site, we determine which of our servers is closest to you, and set up a secure link from your browser to our server. As you type, we search our index for the exact match, and also try to come up with useful suggestions that you may also be interested in buying.

The availability and suggestion server is written in C++, and exposed to the internet with Go. The site is hosted on Google Cloud Platform.

1 hour ago, leewolz said:

This would be an awesome feature, but I think it's highly unlikely anything like this will be added anytime soon.

interestingly, I was going to say, perhaps with a hint of sarcasm, that if it were free and there was a GitHub release available, it might appeal to the WHMCS development budget! 🙂

... but amazing what you can discover on Google. 😎

I wouldn't mind seeing that feature on v8 - or a Third Party Developer could have a crack at doing it.

Edited by brian!

17 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi all,

We've been doing some work along these lines internally this year. It's not currently beyond the Proof of Concept stage, but it's certainly something we're looking at.

That's great, how far away is this going to be from a release? Are we talking within the next 6 months or will it be beyond that?