[Locked]Stripe 3D Secure

I need Stripe 3DS, like many others who use the Stripe payment gateway.

The feature request's current status is Planned, and when I talk with WHMCS support, they said that their developers are targeting version 7.8.

The support team also said that they couldn't guarantee that version 7.8 will feature Stripe with 3DS.

Can anyone help me with your probability theory here? That will make me feel happy and optimistic.

Are you expecting an updated Stripe module in 7.8?

That is tricky.

I know the update would be around the corner but unfortunately not sure when.

Thus if I hire a Dev and the Dev create a module, then at the same time or sooner, WHMCS will release an officially updated module.

In a typical scenario, even if I paid for the custom development, I will be forced to use the official module based on the assumption that the official module will be supported well and I don't need to worry about the future releases and the compatibility.

Previously there were a few third-party modules, and those modules authors stopped maintaining the module after WHMCS released their module.

6 minutes ago, wsa said:

That 100% true 🙂

Yes! Otherwise, I would hire a Dev.

I have a friendly developer who integrates various Payment Gateways to CMS and custom websites.

He said that he needs relatively much more time integrating Stripe with WHMCS than with any other CMS.

The reason he said that WHMCS's Docs are not so helpful and missing much more information.

Edited by Jafar Muhammed

21 hours ago, Jafar Muhammed said:

The feature request's current status is Planned, and when I talk with WHMCS support, they said that their developers are targeting version 7.8.

i'd take anything like that with a pinch of salt - it comes when it comes. waiting.gif

The support team also said that they couldn't guarantee that version 7.8 will feature Stripe with 3DS.

WHMCS will never give any commitments as to what versions will contain which features - the only time they do, is when a release is very very imminent (or more likely just after release!)...

Can anyone help me with your probability theory here? That will make me feel happy and optimistic. 

my assumption has been for months that the next release will be sometime in May - if it's v7.7.2, it will arrive out of the blue without any warning (e.g it could get released in the next five minutes or we could still be waiting in June)...

if it's v7.8, then it will be classed as a major release and should get a beta release first - and that beta period should last about a month.

Are you expecting an updated Stripe module in 7.8?

as to what the release will contain, I have absolutely no idea (and as you can tell from what you've heard them say themselves, WHMCS don't know for sure either!).

if they say they're holding this back until v7.8, then it won't be included in v7.7.2... if the next release is v7.7.2, then I wouldn't expect to see v7.8 for a few months after that.

there are supposed to be 3 major releases this year - we've had the first (v7.7), so I assume v7.8 will be the next major release and then v8 towards the end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi all,

In version 7.8 we intend to include an update to the Stripe module which will have support for Stripe's Payment Intents API. This is currently being advertised by Stripe as supporting 3D Secure.

Please stay tuned to our blog and the community in the coming weeks for news on the 7.8 beta. Your help in testing these Stripe module updates will be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, brian! said:

don't bring me into it - May was just an educated guess on my part! 🙂

You were born to be into it xD.

Come on, this is crucial for so many people. Atleast just release the Stripe Module with 3Ds.

Just now, sonuyos said:

Come on, this is crucial for so many people. Atleast just release the Stripe Module with 3Ds.

I can proudly confirm that I have never worked for WHMCS - so not responsible for the timing of the release - to be fair, neither are Chris or John... so it comes when it comes... patience, my friend, patience. ☺️

Just now, brian! said:

I can proudly confirm that I have never worked for WHMCS - so not responsible for the timing of the release - to be fair, neither are Chris or John... so it comes when it comes... patience, my friend, patience. ☺️

Wait a second, you do not work for WHMCS? 😮