Promo Banner

web2008

Just now, web2008 said:

Does anyone know how to replace or add their own Promo Banners in the Client Area Home?

you mean the MarketConnect banners ?

if so, are you wanting to change the text of an existing banner (e.g Weebly), or literally add your own banners in addition to, or instead of the existing MarketConnect ones ??

23 minutes ago, web2008 said:

Yes, I mean the MarketConnect Banners and it would have been great to be able to add own services or offers.

there's no native way, e.g from Admin settings, to add new banners to the homepage... ultimately, I think you're going to need to manipulate the array in a hook.

if the MarketConnect content existed as language strings, they could easily be reproduced - but I don't think their default values are and you can only override them with language overrides... if they were, oh if they were. 😠

promobanners.gif

in the above screenshot, i've completely replaced the array and haven't translated the strings...

if you were just wanting to use custom banners without MC, then the hook code is relatively simple enough.. with MC included, there's going to be some array modification involved... i'm going to have to play with this further as there is work involved with this.

2 minutes ago, web2008 said:

Maybe a solution already exists?

I doubt it - I don't think the question has been asked before.

besides, if someone has already created a commercial solution, they won't be able to tell you themselves as that would be against the rules. 🙄

1 hour ago, brian! said:

lol - that's not quite how it works Steven. 🙂

Uh, isn't that what you have told others to do in the past or somehow contact them to have it moved?  Did not recall the method and went with what was done at other forums for such items. 

21 hours ago, web2008 said:

Sorry, I obviously haven't familiarized myself with the rules.

you haven't broken any of them - don't worry.

21 hours ago, web2008 said:

Brian! `s solution looks good at least! 

it took me longer to figure out how to convert the swf to an animated gif online than it did to write the sample hook - videos always seem to go full size when posted here. 🙄

19 hours ago, steven99 said:

Uh, isn't that what you have told others to do in the past or somehow contact them to have it moved?  Did not recall the method and went with what was done at other forums for such items.  

there are subtleties to the rules - i'll send you a PM tomorrow @steven99 🙂

• 2 years later...