Show ad banner on client area

1 hour ago, Sufiyan Shaikh said:

Anyone know how can I show ad banner like in the screenshot?
(I am using lagom theme)

this is one for Lagom's own developers really, but doesn't the Lagom template have its own promotion manager extension that is used to manipulate the slider content ? I think that would be your first port of call.

https://lagom.rsstudio.net/docs/extensions/promotion-manager.html

ultimately, and this applies less though to Lagom  than 21 or Six, to modify/replace/append those banners on the homepage, you are simply manipulating the $addons_html array - which is an array of HTML strings that contain the content of the slider... it's not technically difficult to do with a hook (though easier than the LAgom developers have done in in the template!), just time consuming and so you need to plan out exactly what you're going to do.

1 hour ago, brian! said:

this is one for Lagom's own developers really, but doesn't the Lagom template have its own promotion manager extension that is used to manipulate the slider content ? I think that would be your first port of call.

https://lagom.rsstudio.net/docs/extensions/promotion-manager.html

Its a paid extension so I am looking if it can be done without purchasing it

1 hour ago, brian! said:

ultimately, and this applies less though to Lagom  than 21 or Six, to modify/replace/append those banners on the homepage, you are simply manipulating the $addons_html array - which is an array of HTML strings that contain the content of the slider... it's not technically difficult to do with a hook (though easier than the LAgom developers have done in in the template!), just time consuming and so you need to plan out exactly what you're going to do.

Any idea how can I start on it?
I was not able to find any tag of code which could let me post my code on that banner or which could let me insert anything on that specific position.

5 minutes ago, Sufiyan Shaikh said:

I was not able to find any tag of code which could let me post my code on that banner or which could let me insert anything on that specific position.

<div class="promo-slider " data-promo-slider> seems to be the tag which I should add in clientareahome.tpl
Am I correct @Brian ?

50 minutes ago, Sufiyan Shaikh said:

Its a paid extension so I am looking if it can be done without purchasing it

oh it can be done - but then you have to factor in whether the time it will take you to write/test a hook / modify the template to manipulate the array is worth the saving.

I don't have Lagom installed in a v8 dev, but looking at it in v7.10 dev, it's using a different array (in effect, I think it's taking the default array, manipulating it to suit the Lagom theme design and then using that modified array for the output).... for you, I think you would have to manipulate the modified array.

Any idea how can I start on it?

well it's complicated by you using Lagom and it probably using an already customised array.... but at the end of the day, you're probably just manipulating the first element of the array... in the case of Six/21, it would contain the entire div code of the carousel banner content... so if you wanted to add another banner to the end, then you're probably looking at chopping the last div off the element, adding your custom banner code to the string and then adding the closing div back to it.

if you were looking to start from scratch using all of your own custom banners, then it might be worth looking at something like Owl carousel and then using its code for your content... although frankly, you might be better off just buying the extension if you think the above looks like a lot of work.

<div class="promo-slider " data-promo-slider> seems to be the tag which I should add in clientareahome.tpl

clientareahome will likely already be showing the banners (assuming its enabled and you have MC products enabled) - the template is not the issue, it's manipulating the content of that array to suit your output needs.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...