Turn off "Hide Inactive Clients" for good?

Anyone know a NEW way to do this?  V8.0 has changed all this, but yet, left a broken "Hide Inactive Clients" that won't save your preference.  I never ever want it to be "ON" for ANY admin.  We do a lot of searches and need to be able to always see all users in searches.  

I can't say I like a single thing about the cosmetic changes in the last couple version.  

I did search all the files and found the two previous lines have been separated into two files:

\whmcs\admin\templates\blend\intellisearch-results.tpl

--Line 159:        <span class="hide-inactive"><input type="checkbox" id="intelliSearchHideInactiveSwitch" data-size="mini" data-label-text="{lang key="global.hideInactive"}" checked="checked"></span>

--Change to:         <span class="hide-inactive"><input type="checkbox" id="intelliSearchHideInactiveSwitch" data-size="mini" data-label-text="{lang key="global.hideInactive"}" unchecked="checked"></span>

\whmcs\admin\templates\blend\nav.tpl

-- Line 508:         <input type="hidden" id="intelliSearchHideInactive" name="hide_inactive" value="1">

--Change to:         <input type="hidden" id="intelliSearchHideInactive" name="hide_inactive" value="0">

If anyone finds a BETTER way to make this happen where I don't have to edit two files every time there is an update... let me know.

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, brian! said:

the hook below shows inactive clients by default

Thanks for providing this.

In order to use it I should add this to a new file with a php extension  and add it to the /includes/hooks/ folder  - right?

It will affect the all the relevant search fields?

Now when I'm using this file - in every page loading I get this automatically:
image.png.d58198b7ba5e39b3e90ccb29251c5f45.png

So even If i'm not clicking on the search field - the search bar is opened with this message.

Can you please help?

Thanks!

Ram 

Edited by ramf

15 hours ago, ramf said:

In order to use it I should add this to a new file with a php extension  and add it to the /includes/hooks/ folder  - right?

yep - the same routine as normal.

15 hours ago, ramf said:

It will affect the all the relevant search fields?

it wasn't intended to affect the search term - I never noticed it doing that cos I think I was using Gary's modified template changes - all the hook does (or should do) is to show inactive clients too on the pages that show those lists (clients/domains/addons/services etc) - it has nothing to do with the search bar.

15 hours ago, ramf said:

So even If i'm not clicking on the search field - the search bar is opened with this message.

having updated Blend with clean files, I can see this occurring.... just delete the hook, sorry but i'm not going to spend time fixing it.

• 2 weeks later...
    <script>
        // this will disable the hiding of inactive clients if the setting is enabled.
        // certainly not the best hack but it seems to do the job.
        setTimeout(function () { $("#checkboxShowHidden:checked").click(); }, 1000);
    </script>

I 'fixed' it by putting this before the </body> in footer.tpl

• 2 weeks later...

I modified the hook from Brian! to have inactive clients show by default, but still allow you to hide them when you toggle the switch.  I tried to post it, but am getting a "403 Forbidden" when I try to submit the reply with code in the code tags.  Is there an issue with the forums, or is it my account?

4 hours ago, SeanP said:

I modified the hook from Brian! to have inactive clients show by default, but still allow you to hide them when you toggle the switch.  I tried to post it, but am getting a "403 Forbidden" when I try to submit the reply with code in the code tags.  Is there an issue with the forums, or is it my account?

@SeanP maybe adding a link will work  instead of adding the code here directly.

8 hours ago, SeanP said:

almost certainly it will be because we now can't use $ _ GET (remove spaces) in posts (in code or text)... it used to work with no issues, but I assume now breaks a firewall filter somewhere and returns a 403 error - we've posted about that a number of times, but nobody from WHMCS is a) paying attention, b) doing their job and c) probably even care.

as ramf says, post it as an attachment or upload it somewhere and post the link.