Invalid domain name provided

On 11/01/2019 at 14:50, HOSKIA INDIA said:

after update my whmcs to latest version facing issues like this ( whmcs version 7.7.0 )

three points that I can see...

1. you shouldn't update a production site with a beta - they are notoriously buggy and are only suitable for testing, not live public access.
  2. if you're using custom theme/orderform (e.g ClientX from @WGS), then you shouldn't update WHMCS at all until the theme's developers have confirmed that it's compatible with the new version - which they are unlikely to do while it's still in beta.
  3. you might want to update your license details with WHMCS - your installation seems to be unlicensed. headshake.gif
    29L395e.png
    DMTqg7d.png

btw - I couldn't reproduce the error that you saw on your site.

• 2 weeks later...

was this ever resolved?  I have the same problem after updating to 7.7.0 - which is now not beta but on general release.

Invalid domain name provided

Domains must begin with a letter or a number
Please check your entry and try again.

• 1 month later...
On 16/01/2019 at 6:56 AM, HOSKIA INDIA said:

I am using whmcs staff license from red server host that why it's showing not authorised in whmcs tool 

@HOSKIA INDIA tHere are no WHMCS Staff License, therefore your license is not complaint I would recommend purchasing a license from us directly as the license you are using does not comply with our TOS

8 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

tHere are no WHMCS Staff License, therefore your license is not complaint I would recommend purchasing a license from us directly as the license you are using does not comply with our TOS

I am buying from this company whmcs staff License https://redserverhost.com/whmcs-cheap-license-discount-promo-code.php and I am getting support from whmcs official also when I open the ticket with whmcs staff License and i am also using 2 factor verification from whmcs official site and I am paying every month not yet faced any issues yet

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, mfoland said:

@HOSKIA INDIA's website is not valid nor is reserverhost. @WHMCS ChrisD can you please check ticket #HVO-582153  for me? I've submitted both of there sites. IF redserver is generating licenses, how the heck is that happening? Is it a nulled License.php? I'd love to see this one lol. Hope they both get it fixed 🙂

https://prnt.sc/n9vdpm 😃

6 hours ago, mfoland said:

I've submitted both of there sites.

that's three of us who submitted it then! 🙂

6 hours ago, mfoland said:

IF redserver is generating licenses, how the heck is that happening? Is it a nulled License.php?

it must be - though we're heading into Fight Club territory here... quiet.gif

although I do wonder if that situation isn't made worse by WHMCS no longer publicly allowing direct downloads of their full releases to non-direct license holders (e.g you need to login to get them)... which means these users have to get them from their host/reseller... I read somewhere that these nulled versions don't even do a license check during an automatic update, so can seemingly update without issue (though i've never seen that officially confirmed by WHMCS).

6 hours ago, HOSKIA INDIA said:

I'd love to see this one lol. Hope they both get it fixed 🙂

it seems that both hoskia and redserverhost now have valid licenses... though I don't think redserver's WHMCS prices have changed, so you have to wonder what they're still selling... 🙄

forget about the WHMCS security bounty scheme, they should have one for reporting unlicensed installations - then @mfoland and I could split the bounty between us (i'm denying Chris a share as he's staff lol!)... we could settle for a percentage of the monthly fees for those users who have been brought in from the dark side.. pirate.gifclap.gif