cron config?

I don't seem to have this:

To set up the domain sync task, please configure the following setting under Setup > Automation Settings first:

• Domain Sync Enabled - Tick this checkbox to enable the domain date and status synchronisation function.

The only bits I have related to domains is expiration reminder settings. Have I missed something?

Edited by bear

23 minutes ago, brian! said:

do your registrars support domain synchronisation ?

This is in the final stage of dev before implementing. Is that one of those things that only appears once there's a valid registrar connection and some names in it? Didn't see that explained anywhere in the docs, and didn't want to do the upgrade only to find something was actually missing.

7 minutes ago, bear said:

This is in the final stage of dev before implementing. Is that one of those things that only appears once there's a valid registrar connection and some names in it? Didn't see that explained anywhere in the docs, and didn't want to do the upgrade only to find something was actually missing.

generally speaking, if the domains sync on your current version, then they should continue to with the new version.

if you check the Registrars page, see if your registrar(s) support the functionality using the WHMCS modules - it's probably 50/50 whether they do or not.

Using Namecheap, and it does (and has) had sync. Just entered actual NC account info and a domain to the test account that exists at NC. No sign of any domain sync settings within the automation tab. The download still has a separate domainsync file, which the docs say shouldn't be configured on 7.6, since the main cron does it. The docs also say to use it, so they're likely out of date. 

What does it take to make that frequency config section to appear, and where does it appear? I don't have crons running, since this is a dev/test install and really want everything set up properly before any automation is running.

Found it. Was on a slightly older version on the dev install. Once I ran the update it showed up. 
Onward! 

Edited by bear

8 minutes ago, bear said:

The download still has a separate domainsync file, which the docs say shouldn't be configured on 7.6, since the main cron does it. The docs also say to use it, so they're likely out of date. 

when you say 'download', are you downloading a Namecheap module for WHMCS from Namecheap's site and using that ? WHMCS has it's own in-built Namecheap module that supports domain sync, and doesn't have a separate sync file.

with regards to what the docs say about v7.6, I would suspect that would only apply to registrar modules shipped with WHMCS... any third-party registrar, might need to continue to use it's own domain sync script - but Support should be able to confirm that either way.

13 minutes ago, bear said:

What does it take to make that frequency config section to appear, and where does it appear?

setup -> automation settings... and as far as I know, it's not conditional... I don't run the cron on the v7.6 dev, and I still see the frequency options in the automation settings page.

lzVe3r8.png

1 hour ago, brian! said:

when you say 'download', are you downloading a Namecheap module for WHMCS from Namecheap's site and using that ? WHMCS has it's own in-built Namecheap module that supports domain sync, and doesn't have a separate sync file.

The full WHMCS 7.6 download has a separate domainsync.php file in the cron directory. The docs say to use it, and at the same time state it's being removed, so don't use it. 😉
As far as it not showing up in the automation settings, as I mentioned the dev install was slightly out of date, and that feature was only just recently added (late July). Once I updated that it showed up. 

54 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

In 7.5 and earlier, the Domain Sync options are located under Setup > General Settings > Domains tab.

In 7.6 they were moved to Setup > Automation Settings.

Thanks. The point was my dev install was slightly older and it wasn't showing up. Once I updated it was where it was expected to be. :)