cPanel changed their API and my WHMCS 6.3.2 module do not work

Hello,

You probably already know about that if you are using cPanel WHMCS module and WHMCS 6.x

https://docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM#An_Unknown_Error_Occurred_after_updating_to_cPanel_74

cPanel decided to change their API and now the WHMCS 6.x cPanel module returns 404 error. They seem to have no way to return it or any work around so far.

I want to ask WHMCS to be that kind to submit a patch for their module or if i can use WHMCS 7 cpanel module in WHMCS 6 ?

If i can not, please make a patch.

Why i do not want to upgrade to v. 7?

- Because multiple custom modules will probably stop working (i think i read modules are made a bit diferently in v. 7).

- Because WHMCS 7 does not support HyperVM beta (only non-beta)

- Because WHMCS 7 does not support mine highly customized verticalsteps style/theme that i use till WHMCS 5. I do not want to waste many hours, maybe days reimplementing all the changes into new theme

- other reasons

20 minutes ago, postcd said:

I want to ask WHMCS to be that kind to submit a patch for their module or if i can use WHMCS 7 cpanel module in WHMCS 6 ?

I doubt either will happen... but no harm in asking.

20 minutes ago, postcd said:

If i can not, please make a patch.

you might like to get in touch with the OP below... it sounds like he's in a similar position with v5, and possibly any solution he pays for may be applicable to your situation too.

1 hour ago, brian! said:

I do not know what would be so dificult for WHMCS to port already existing WHMCS 7 cpanel module to WHMCS 6 cpanel module? Doesn't WHMCS development care about old customers who have reasons to stay on older versions?

Edited by postcd

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello,

In version 66 of WHM, XML output in APIs was deprecated, but still functioned. As of WHM version 74 it has been completely removed: https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/cPanel+Deprecation+Plan

In version 7.3 of WHMCS, we updated our shipped cPanel module to ensure all calls from it utilize the JSON format (JSON-API), a year advance of this being removed.

Version 7.2 and below of WHMCS is now EOL, as detailed here: https://docs.whmcs.com/Long_Term_Support#After_End_Of_Life

As noted in that documentation, "Once a version's EOL date has passed, no further releases or updates will be provided, regardless of the observed deficiency in that version."

I fully appreciate that this could be having a detrimental affect on your business, however, we are very transparent in communicating which versions are still supported, in what capacity they are supported and when that support will end.

5 hours ago, renjin21 said:

Hi,

Does this solution works with V6 ?

WHMCS cpanel module had to be modified, and then it works in WHMCS 6. See https://whmcs.community/topic/290976-request-update-cpanel-server-module/?do=findComment&comment=1304810

(As WHMCS John said, the cPanel's API got changed. So either one have to update WHMCS cpanel module php code or upgrade WHMCS to v. 7 or install server with WHM <74 and disable updates ;))

Edited by postcd