Blank page for new admin account

I've just upgraded my whmcs to the latest version and after creating a new user administrator for whmcs, when logging in with the new user there's just a blank page. the activity log says:

Smarty Error: Unable to load template file '__MACOSX/footer.tpl' 

I'm not sure where the system is configured to look for a file in a _MACOSX directory

The __MACOSX folder is created when a Mac user creates and archive (also called a zip file) using the Mac. If the Mac user sends the zip file to another Mac user, the folder will not appear - this is a hidden folder. Many files on the Mac have two parts: a data fork, and a resource fork. The built in zip utility on the Mac sequesters all of the resource forks into this __MACOSX folder when creating a zip archive. For certain files (like some font files), these resource forks are necessary to be left intact. ZipFiles4PC also has an option to preserve the resrouce forks without creating the __MACOSX folder.

When the Mac user sends the zip file to a PC user, however, all of the hidden files are shown. PC users are often confused by these (seemingly superfluous) files and folders.

how did you update - manually via ftp or using the automatic updater?

just had a quick look in the rc1 zip and I can't see a __MACOSX folder in there.

Hi Brian,

Interesting, I might have zipped up something and unzipped it inside the installation files. I'll do a search. 

I renamed my old whmcs directory and uploaded a fresh install so that I could copy customizations from the old folder to new. 

Yes, it's actually a different cause but I managed to figure both out just now. 

The problem with the admin blank page was that I did zip up and ftp a blend customization from my mac. There wasn't a macosx folder in the template folder but after restoring the original blend folder, the problem went away and the activity log said something like "switched admin template from _MACOSX to Blend" - so I could probably figure out why... but I'm done.  

I just migrated my whm to a new server, updated my whmcs client theme, updated whmcs and installed a new whmcs admin theme all at the same time and now that I've got a few errors here and there, I'm not sure which change I made caused the errors. So next time, one at a time. 

Anyways, thank you Brian. You're my favorite guy for whmcs problems.