Domainchecker and domain transfer problems

ody

Today we find out that our domain check (1) and transfer(2) do not working properly and also when we set a domain name which is already into database system giving fault alert message(3).

1. When a client ordering any hosting plan and we set a domain which is already into our database, system check accept it and proceed to next step. We have set into our WHMCS General Settings - (Section) Ordering the option "Block Existing Domains" as active ??? but it seems that it's not working.

2. When we try the transfer mode with any domain name which is also into our database (in all cases with or without hosting plan) and we set any EPP code system looks that making a test check but it's also accepting it and proceed to next step.

3. When we set a domain name which is already into our database, system giving fault alert,

I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers we have the following message as output result?????

Invalid domain name provided

Domains must begin with a letter or a number and be between and characters in length
Please check your entry and try again.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by ody

3 hours ago, ody said:

1. When a client ordering any hosting plan and we set a domain which is already into our database, system check accept it and proceed to next step. We have set into our WHMCS General Settings - (Section) Ordering the option "Block Existing Domains" as active ??? but it seems that it's not working.

I remember posting about Block Existing Domain back in 2014...

I think it's still buggy - sometimes it works as it should, other times not.... I haven't investigated it for a while, but I know the issue still exists with v7.4.1 as i've quickly tried it and was still getting inconsistent results.

3 hours ago, ody said:

we have the following message as output result?????

that's a bug and happens quite often throughout WHMCS where the error message is confusing and bears no relation to the actual cause of the error. :wall1:

3 hours ago, ody said:

3. When we use a symbolic char

if you mean IDN domains, I think they're only "supported" during registration/transfer (if enabled in the settings), not in existing domains.

the best thing for this might be to open a ticket with support and get them to clarify the situation on each... certainly fixing/clarifying the error messages would be best done by them.waiting.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2017 at 19:24, ody said:

when we use modern template everything works fine the problem is when we use standard orderform and all rest templates which works with it.

bear in mind that Modern is no longer being updated, so fine if you're using an older version, but not a long-term solution is using any recent version.

No, we use mainly a custom template based on six and for orders-client area mostly premium comparison (we used modern only to check how and if works),

the issue is that nothing it seems to work we don't know what to do, delete all modifications and go back to original and re-build it all,

don't laugh but we can't recall all modifications we had made till now. Only you had give us more than 15 solutions now finger about 15 Modules and all their cases, bugs and fixes.
We don't have also support as we decide to stay to 7.0.1 and so far all whmcs upgrades have nothing to give really more only to promote and provide other one (companies) services and only with the thought of upgrading catches us panic-nightmare . We have spend so many workings hours with WHMCS!!!!!!!!!

Also as you are the only official whmcspedia is there into our community any topic about how to create a specific domain TLD search we want to create a list for specific domain TLDs search thiσ might be done with the newest WHMCS but we have 7.0.1.

Thank you with many wishes for 2018

Regards, Ody