CheckAvailability for Transfer - Error

Hello

System returns incorrect information about a domain while checking availability for transfer.

When I check domains for transfer it says that every domain is 'Available', except the ones that aren't registered at all and says 'Not Available', the response is true in this case. Domain that is transferring to me from another registrar should be 'Available' as well (and it works fine too), but domain that's transferred to me shouldn't be available for transfer on my site again, cuz how can one transfer from myself to myself, right?

Not quite sure how CheckAvailability works for transfer, when it's for register, it uses WHOIS and gets response from it, but when it comes to Transfer, I'm not sure how system works, my theory is that it checks 'tbldomains' table in database to see if domain has 'Active' status in database and avoid double transfer, but it needs to use WHOIS as well to check if domain is registered at all and is available for transfer. Again, not sure if my theory is correct, it's just my guess.

WHOIS works fine when it comes to registration and it was working fine for Transfer as well until now, I've not made any changes but somehow CheckAvailability for Transfer stopped working properly.

Couldn't find any detailed documentation, any help would be much appreciated!

14 minutes ago, So, who am I ? said:

Not quite sure how CheckAvailability works for transfer, when it's for register, it uses WHOIS and gets response from it, but when it comes to Transfer, I'm not sure how system works, my theory is that it checks 'tbldomains' table in database to see if domain has 'Active' status in database and avoid double transfer,

I think that's basically correct - though if it's in the db and active/pending/pending transfer, then it will tell you the domain already exists... only if it's not in the db with any of those statuses, will it then do a whois search...

22 minutes ago, So, who am I ? said:

but it needs to use WHOIS as well to check if domain is registered at all and is available for transfer. Again, not sure if my theory is correct, it's just my guess.

that might fail if the TLD in question didn't have a whois server, or another method for WHMCS to determine availability...

18 minutes ago, So, who am I ? said:

WHOIS works fine when it comes to registration and it was working fine for Transfer as well until now, I've not made any changes but somehow CheckAvailability for Transfer stopped working properly.

hasn't it always worked this way? I just tried it in a v5.3.12 dev and it's doing the same thing as v7.6b1 and saying an active domain is already in the db and unavailable for transfer.

24 minutes ago, So, who am I ? said:

Couldn't find any detailed documentation

sadly, a lot of the time with WHMCS, you can only find out by trial and error.... 9_9

15 minutes ago, brian! said:

I think that's basically correct - though if it's in the db and active/pending/pending transfer, then it will tell you the domain already exists... only if it's not in the db with any of those statuses, will it then do a whois search...

That's my guess exactly.

15 minutes ago, brian! said:

that might fail if the TLD in question didn't have a whois server, or another method for WHMCS to determine availability...

TLD has a custom whois that works just fine.

19 minutes ago, brian! said:

hasn't it always worked this way? I just tried it in a v5.3.12 dev and it's doing the same thing as v7.6b1 and saying an active domain is already in the db and unavailable for transfer.

When domain is already in database, sure it shouldn't be available for transfer, but my system started acting weird and says it's available for transfer.

21 minutes ago, brian! said:

sadly, a lot of the time with WHMCS, you can only find out by trial and error.... 9_9

There's no any error in WHOIS lookup log, it just shows the list of domains that's been checked for availability and each domain redirects me to admin's WHOIS lookup page. There's no any error text anywhere to count on. There's just CheckAvailability logs.