Facebook sign-in issue

rabijit

Facebook will load the email address if one is allowed to be shared by the account. Some facebook accounts are opened with a cell phone number and don't have an email address to get. Requesting the phone number requires an additional scope and manual review of your facebook application. That is an involved process and we did not feel the extra setup requirements were worth getting a phone number, so it is not populated automatically. 

Thanks for the reply. I was testing with my facebook Id and my email is public still it isn't fetching my email.

33 minutes ago, WHMCS Nate said:

Facebook will load the email address if one is allowed to be shared by the account. Some facebook accounts are opened with a cell phone number and don't have an email address to get. Requesting the phone number requires an additional scope and manual review of your facebook application. That is an involved process and we did not feel the extra setup requirements were worth getting a phone number, so it is not populated automatically. 

Rabijit,

You can use the facebook graph API debug tool on the facebook developer site to see what we get from FB. Following up with them can reveal more information here is the exact API call we use with the customers oauth access token:

/me?fields=id,email,first_name,last_name,verified

You can also contact them to ask why your data is there or not there. Their docs will list some of the reasons it is not shown but not all of them. They say that is private information.