WHMCS not creating subscriptions on Stripe gateway

nathacr

I am testing if WHMCS is creating the subscriptions on Stripe but it appears that doesn't work. I would like to bill a recurring charge automatically instead of just emailing them an invoice link to pay manually.

If possible, how?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Nathacr,

Thanks for your post on the community forums.

The Stripe Integration WHMCS v7.2 has https://docs.whmcs.com/Stripe creates a token for users in Stripe, once this is created each bill that is generated is charged to this token if the payment method is set to Stripe on the Client Profile.

We do not setup recurring packages on the Stripe Side as this is taken care of in WHMCS. Please let me know if you need any other information.

Hello Nathacr,

Thanks for your post on the community forums.

The Stripe Integration WHMCS v7.2 has https://docs.whmcs.com/Stripe creates a token for users in Stripe, once this is created each bill that is generated is charged to this token if the payment method is set to Stripe on the Client Profile.

We do not setup recurring packages on the Stripe Side as this is taken care of in WHMCS. Please let me know if you need any other information.

Great! So WHMCS will create a payment request to Stripe & bill clients automatically every month. The client doesn't need to manually pay it. Am I right?

• WHMCS Developer

Correct.

You can confirm a token is setup on the "Credit Card Information" link from the Client Summary in the Admin area. On the popup that opens, you should see a "Remote Gateway Token" starting with "cus_". This will be used for all recurring payments with Stripe for that client.

• 2 months later...

hi there,

I have a product with recurring price on WHMCS, and customers purchase with credit card through Stripe gateway.

When I set a promotion with one month free and a customer purchase it, the "remote gateway token (cus_xxxxx)" doesn't seem to be generated even if the customer entered the credit card number.

but the credit card number seems to be sent to the Stripe and a token starting with "tok_" is generated (I saw it at the "event and logs" in Stripe dashboard).

I want to charge him automatically after trial term (1 month) ends without making him enter the credit card number again.

Is that possible and is the token "cus_xxxx" going to be generated?