Stripe charging all unpaid invoices

henrimule

I have had stripe for a while without issues until I upgraded WHMCS  yesterday to v8 and a few hours after a customer complaint we were charging his card for invoices he doesn't wanna pay. I checked his account and noticed he has been charged for unpaid invoices due 2017 to present. I had a test account in WHMCS that I used to validate the system, in there I had various invoices I have created, some to a tune of $900. Today when I checked my card I have been charged for all the unpaid invoices in my test account and every bit of them paid.

Other customers have been charged as well and all unpaid invoices in their account no matter how old have been paid. The frustration led me to deactivate Stripe all together as I was not sure what was going on and didn't wanna deal with any of these. I had to refund all the money back to the customers and myself. I called STRIPE and they said, this isn't their fault but my 3rd-party application is the problem and in this case WHMCS.

What is going on? Why are all unpaid invoices being charged automatically without approval when we do not have any settings to that effect? 

On 27/11/2020 at 05:56, henrimule said:

What is going on? Why are all unpaid invoices being charged automatically without approval when we do not have any settings to that effect? 

you'll probably be better off opening a ticket with Support - there's no guarantee that you'd even get a reply from WHMCS staff here (probably not in your preferred time frame), so contacting Support and updating the thread with their answer may be the way to go.