Can't log in after upgrade to 7.2.2

Ok, maybe this helps for you. I've done a connection test (/admin/login.php?conntest=1) and after 3 minutes or so it gives me:

Testing Connection to 'https://licensing28.whmcs.com/license/test.php'...
URL resolves to 184.94.192.9 ... Ok
Response Code: 200
Connection Successful!

Now on a tcpdump the above IP isn't what it's trying to connect to initially:

10:12:53.755020 IP a.licensing.whmcs.com.https > 10.10.10.11.37858: Flags [.], ack 518, win 235, options [nop,nop,TS val 3701740827 ecr 679400], length 0

The *.licensing.whmcs.com resolve all to 208.74.120.154, and although I don't have issues connecting to it, when I override that in my hosts with the other IP, WHMCS is very fast again. Try adding this in your /etc/hosts:

184.94.192.9 a.licensing.whmcs.com b.licensing.whmcs.com c.licensing.whmcs.com d.licensing.whmcs.com e.licensing.whmcs.com f.licensing.whmcs.com

Same here on our dev install. Ages ago, WHMCS license connect failures caused all sorts of havoc, and they went with delayed checks as long as the local license had validated recently. I'm guessing that issue has returned with the new "check it all the time for client quantity" thing. Not great.

Yes read up what I posted earlier, add this in your /etc/hosts until it's fixed:

184.94.192.9 a.licensing.whmcs.com b.licensing.whmcs.com c.licensing.whmcs.com d.licensing.whmcs.com e.licensing.whmcs.com f.licensing.whmcs.com

Yes read up what I posted earlier, add this in your /etc/hosts until it's fixed:

It doesn't work for me, erroring out with a connection error.

CONNECTION ERROR

WHMCS has not been able to verify your license for the last few days.

Before you can access your WHMCS Admin Area again, the license needs to be validated successfully. Please check & ensure that you don't have a firewall or DNS rule blocking outgoing connections to our website.

For further assistance, please visit http://docs.whmcs.com/Licensing

So far I can confirm the following:

License validation fails with v7.0 and v7.2.

I can access the admin area using v7.1 and v6.3 without any problem and I can also force a license update without any error.

That does not work for me either. Wunk, what happens if you do a force license update? Works this for you in v7.2?

I tried this, it does not work on my licenses.

Admin page is loading forever.

But it seems that this problem only occurs for some people, I have friends who use the whmcs and they work normally....

Is not it some block without datacenter? I use phoenixnap and reliablesite and you?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi all,

Earlier today we experienced an issue with our licensing infrastructure which affected the ability for users to complete remote licence checks. The issue has been rectified as of 4PM GMT+1.

Only installations performing remote licence checks during the incident were impacted. Client area access is never impacted by licence-related errors.

Rest assured a full investigation will be carried out into this event. My apologies for the inconvenience caused.