Display user's tickets using a hook

Dimitra

Hello,

I want to display a user's recent support tickets in some client area pages. I have created a hook following the instructions here and changes the variables. The hook works fine and it displays the results I need. However, it displays the recent tickets of all users.

here is my code

<?php

function hook_displaysupporttickets($vars){

$output = "";
$query = "SELECT * FROM tbltickets ORDER BY date DESC LIMIT 0,6"; 
$result = mysql_query($query);
while ($data = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
   $tid = $data["tid"];
   $date = $data["date"];
   $replyid = $data["replyid"];
   $title = $data["title"];
   $department = $data["department"];
   $date = fromMySQLDate($date);
   $output .= '<p class="mytitleannoun"><i class="fa fa-file-text-o" aria-hidden="true" style="margin-right:15px;"></i><a style="margin-right:15px;" href="/viewticket.php?tid='.$tid.'">'.$title.'</a><span>'.$department.'</span><span>'.$tid.'</span><font color="#b3b3b3">'.$date.'</font></p>';
}
return array("displaysupporttickets" => $output);
}
add_hook("ClientAreaPage", 1, "hook_displaysupporttickets");

I need to change the code so that it displays only the tickets of the logged in user (each user will see only his own tickets).

Any ideas?

Thank you.

you should just need to add the code to access the clients ID and then add that to your query...

<?php

$client = Menu::context('client');

$output = "";
   $query = "SELECT * FROM tbltickets WHERE userid = $client->id ORDER BY date DESC LIMIT 0,6"; 
   $result = mysql_query($query);
   while ($data = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
       $tid = $data["tid"];
       $date = $data["date"];
       $replyid = $data["replyid"];
       $title = $data["title"];
       $department = $data["department"];
       $date = fromMySQLDate($date);
       $output .= '<p class="mytitleannoun"><i class="fa fa-file-text-o" aria-hidden="true" style="margin-right:15px;"></i><a style="margin-right:15px;" href="/viewticket.php?tid='.$tid.'">'.$title.'</a><span>'.$department.'</span><span>'.$tid.'</span><font color="#b3b3b3">'.$date.'</font></p>';
   }
}

though bear in mind that mysql_query will be removed from WHMCS at some point - so it will still work for now, but ultimately you'll need to rewrite this using Capsule... untested, but probably along the lines of...

<?php

use Illuminate\Database\Capsule\Manager as Capsule;

$client = Menu::context('client');
   $output = "";

$tickets = Capsule::table('tbltickets')
                   ->where('userid', $client->id)
                   ->orderBy('date', 'desc')
                   ->take(6)
                   ->get();

foreach ($tickets as $ticket) {    
       $output .= '<p class="mytitleannoun"><i class="fa fa-file-text-o" aria-hidden="true" style="margin-right:15px;"></i><a style="margin-right:15px;" href="/viewticket.php?tid='.$ticket->tid.'">'.$ticket->title.'</a><span>'.$ticket->department.'</span><span>'.$ticket->tid.'</span><font color="#b3b3b3">'.fromMySQLDate($ticket->date).'</font></p>';
   }

}

your path to viewticket may not be correct, but I guess will likely depend on which pages are going to use this code...

Both solutions work great. I kept the second one with Capsule.

a wise choice. :)

I have another question. Is there a place where i can find the variables that are used? eg the ticketid, userid etc. I am looking for a table similar to this one

when you're querying a database table, these variables are the column headings of the table...

ivvHbVr.png