Looking for help getting WHMCS implemented and running

Hi! I am currently running WHMAP (installed an old version of WHMCS), but cannot seem to get WHMAP info to WHMCS and not sure how to get the WHMCS platform to work properly. If someone can please guide me through the process (or if you have a little bit of time to help install the platform, even better), I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Jennifer

do you have specific issues we can help you with?

I have WHMCS installed (v 6.3.1), but I don't know how to do the following very important items:

1. Get the WHMCS integrated into my site for sign-ups, etc

2. Migrate the client database from WHMAP (which is now looking like it's defunct) so that I can get those clients into WHMCS for billing/management of the business

Thanks!

Jennifer

for 1), we'll probably require even more details!

I don't know how to get the WHM plans and associated pricing to work with the WHMCS services. When I had WHMAP, the page was able to load based on having a backend order entry system in WHMAP to board accounts, record card data and billing renewal periods along with any other items that needed to be sent to WHM for the hosting account to be configured and setup. How do I do that now with WHMCS? How do I get the "signup" process to work properly?

Thanks!

Jennifer

i'm not familiar with WHMAP, but looking at that import script page, if it works with v6, it should be able to import everything into WHMCS.

then once you have your old data imported, WHMCS should start to make more sense... until then, it might not and be a little overwhelming...

reading the documentation and watching the youtube videos might also help.

there was once an online demo that you could have played with - but WHMCS, in their infinite wisdom, removed it. :roll:

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

We are currently working on an updated import system for WHMCS v6 and v7. Unfortunately there are no plans to include WHMAutopilot at launch as it's no longer an active project, but it could potentially be added in future if the demand is there.

So at present it would be necessary to import the data into WHMCS manually: http://docs.whmcs.com/Importing_Data#Manual_Client_Entry

If you're using cPanel you can speed up the process somewhat using the WHM/cPanel import tool: http://docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM_Import

Anyone got any ideas how to import if the script won't work? If I can't get the database imported, I may as well close my business... Thanks!

i'm not sure if this is a viable suggestion - but if the import script only works with v5, then you may be able to download a v5 full release from WHMCS; create a new WHMCS v5 installation with it; import your WHMAP details into that and then use this v5 database in a new v6 installation... the install process should then upgrade the database to v6.3.1 and you're good to go.

that might be a long-winded solution, but depending on how many clients etc you want to import, might be quicker than manually entering them again.

i'm not sure if this is a viable suggestion - but if the import script only works with v5, then you may be able to download a v5 full release from WHMCS; create a new WHMCS v5 installation with it; import your WHMAP details into that and then use this v5 database in a new v6 installation... the install process should then upgrade the database to v6.3.1 and you're good to go.

that might be a long-winded solution, but depending on how many clients etc you want to import, might be quicker than manually entering them again.

Thank you, Brian!