Phone Support and Other Questions

aprilnluv

Question

Hello, I have had my whmcs acct for a couple of years now, but havnt acted on using it. I was mulling it over again, but have a lot of pre-sale questions...

I guess my biggest concern is,...is there a support phone number anywhere? I am having a hard time believing that a company this big (and charges) for their services (especially ones that take money ..anyways) would have a better support system in place for its customers? It can't really be, that this and an email is the only support mechanism..is it????

My next question would be, about payment processors....I don't really want to go the route of getting a full merchant account...(as they check your credit right???) - so I am wondering - I saw paypal (and all the different types) in the documentation as being compatible, but I am wondering if I try to set up recurring payments then I am assuming in this instance I would have to use paypal pro? Does anyone know if paypal pro is like a full blown merchant account in that they have to run your credit to get approved? Also, qould just the regular paypal or paypal express work? or no, because i want to be able to handle renewals, and subscriptions and I think only paypal pro does that...

Also, I'd like to hear from people already using the system...if you all dont mind responding...but like how is the customer support? Do they respond in a timely manner? Are they helpful in fixing issues? This really scares me...I can picture in my head something going wrong, and not being able to get support for whmcs...

What payment processors is everyone using? Having good experiences with? I need to find one, and I just don't know where to start...

Thanks so much,

2 answers to this question

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

To address your points:

* Support is provided exclusively via support ticket in our client area. This is the best way to securely provide login credentials, screenshots, videos etc. We also offer a priority support option during US office hours with a 1 hour SLA.

* PayPal Pro is indeed a full blown merchant service, I couldn't comment on what their application process is like, but as credit card details would be stored in your server the most onerous consideration would be meeting PCI requirements.

You can certainly use a regular PayPal account to make one-time payments, create subscriptions which will send payments automatically on a regular basis and use Express Checkout. I don't believe there is a particular requirement to apply for an account which can create PayPal subscriptions.

Hope that helps!