support email piping

DBH Web

Ok quick question for those in the know.

If a support member opens a ticket in whmcs does the email notification get sent to the support team?

The reason I ask is that when a ticket is opened by a customer via the client area or by email the notifications are being sent however if as above a support member opens a ticket via whmcs it appears that no notification is being sent. Is this normal behaviour? :?:

I believe that it is - quoting from John last month...

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?113151-No-email-notification-on-NEW-tickets&p=460967#post460967

You would not receive notification emails for your own modifications to tickets at any time (as that's redundant) but you would still receive notifications made by other staff whilst you're logged into the WHMCS admin area.

I think by implication this is being applied to new tickets too created in the admin area - certainly, the only way i've been able to receive notification in the v6.3.1 dev is to cc/bcc our email address in the settings.

therefore, the simplest solution is to add your email address to the "Copy To" field in the "Support Ticket Opened by Admin" email template.