Upgrade Configurable Option Disk Space

USA_Webmaster

• Does the quota increase typically upgrade immediately?
  • How do I offer "upgrade" disk space for shared hosting client?
  • Is it better to offer disk space as "product addon"?

I thought I had this all correct, I even scoured the documentation. One thing that isnt clear, is the "Group Name"...does that have to match "Disk Space". It looked as though if the configurable option "Disk Space" isn't being used than the server wouldn't automatically upgrade space. Anyhoos...

Setup > Configurable Option Groups

I created a group name called "SSD Space" and assigned it to my Hosting Products. I added a new configurable option called "Disk Space" using option type "Radio" and created some options, like:

3072MB|3GB

5120MB|5GB

10240MB|10GB

After punching in some prices I created a promo code to do some testing.

Ooo and also, I made sure my Products/Services "upgrades" tab had the "Configurable Options" Checkbox "Tick this box to allow Upgrading/Downgrading of configurable options"

Under Utilities > Log > System Activity Log I see that cron jobs are being complete.

-- misc

Client Profile > Products / Services > Disk Space displays correctly but.....

2015-12-17_19-45-14.png

displays incorrect quota size

order form template = Order Form Template

setup > automation > Update Usage Statistics = checked

in the WHM admin area, the List Accounts > Quota table column doesn't display updated request.

2015-12-17_19-39-06.png

I referred to this post, for some guidance, it was helpful.

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?107438-Cannot-upgrade-downgrade-config-option-from-customer-portal&highlight=configurable+option+upgrade+after+order

- - - Updated - - -

btw, I don't have a new / separate package in WHM that is duplicated with only the disk space customized. do i need to duplicate each package, and then tweak the disk space option?

I would prefer if a client could just select drop the down, "Addons & Extras" in the control panel that they could upgrade the disk space. Although, it seems like it must be done through the configurable options, and in the control panel the client must choose "Upgrade/Downgrade options" in the sidebar...

I almost have my head wrapped around the differences between configurable and product addons...the documentation is helpful too.