Set default $itemlimit for invoice page to 'all'

elijahpaul

I'm currently working on a custom template using dataTables for the invoice page.

Which means I require all invoice items to be loaded by default.

As a workaround I've set the invoice page nav link to 'clientarea.php?action=invoices&itemlimit=all'

But I'm wondering if there is another way to set $itemlimit to 'all' by default ?

• 3 months later...

I'm also looking for this option.

I've rebased my custom theme to use the 'six' theme template core files, including tablelist.tpl, yet unless I manually add &itemlimit=all to my URLs, any clients that have previously logged in and viewed the page seem to have the itemlimit set to 10.

If I change my template to six the issue disappears, yet I can't see anywhere in the six template where it specifies that the itemlimit should always be 'all'.

As a workaround, I added this to the tablelist.tpl file between script tags:

{if isset($itemlimit) && $itemlimit neq "all"}

jQuery.get( window.location.href, { itemlimit: "all" } );

{/if}

But it's not what I'd consider an elegant fix.

in tablelist.tpl, if you change...

"pageLength": 10,
       "order": [
           [ {if isset($startOrderCol) && $startOrderCol}{$startOrderCol}{else}0{/if}, "asc" ]
       ],
       "lengthMenu": [
           [10, 25, 50, -1],
           [10, 25, 50, "{$LANG.tableviewall}"]

to...

"pageLength": -1,
       "order": [
           [ {if isset($startOrderCol) && $startOrderCol}{$startOrderCol}{else}0{/if}, "asc" ]
       ],
       "lengthMenu": [
           [-1],
           ["{$LANG.tableviewall}"]

that should show all invoices and not just the first 10 - obviously, this setting will be applied to all tables.

there does appear to be an issue with domains having a blank dropdown - page works ok, just the initial value of the dropdown is empty - it's probably caused by additional code in the include call.

the other way to do this, if you want to only apply it to invoices, might be to use a hook to modify the navbar and sidebar links and add &itemlimit=all to the URL.... but hopefully the template edit will meet your needs.