WHMCS v6 release date?

wdele

When will WHMCS v6 be released?

the only people who can really answer that will be WHMCS - and i'm sure they'll post about it when they're closer to a definitive beta release date.... these dates tend to be pretty fluid anyway and subject to delay, so even if WHMCS had some idea, it would be pretty pointless to announce it now as it would probably change.

as I understand it, it is planned for there to be beta releases before it becomes generally available.

in my personal opinion, and I don't work for WHMCS so I have very little inside info (and what I do was told in confidence anyway!), I would still expect there to be a few updates to v5.3 before v6 is ready to go public... though that's completely in the hands of WHMCS, so I might be completely wrong! :)

There is no need to hurry. Lets hope they launch this only when its very, very stable. The current version works very nice and in my experience new things with new software tend to break things. So if its works don't fix it.

If they release a new major version, it will take some time, probably next year and only after allot of testing. Even so, I would not upgrade until most people did, because even after all testing, the real bugs are only discovered once people are live or use it in a production system. This is true, not only for WHMCS but for every software.

I think there are still tons of updates that will come with version 5 so no rush. I actually would prefer if they release a proper Android app that works and is current with todays standards or finish the beta mobile version before considering a new WHMCS version.

There is no need to hurry. Lets hope they launch this only when its very, very stable. The current version works very nice and in my experience new things with new software tend to break things. So if its works don't fix it.

If they release a new major version, it will take some time, probably next year and only after allot of testing. Even so, I would not upgrade until most people did, because even after all testing, the real bugs are only discovered once people are live or use it in a production system. This is true, not only for WHMCS but for every software.

I think there are still tons of updates that will come with version 5 so no rush. I actually would prefer if they release a proper Android app that works and is current with todays standards or finish the beta mobile version before considering a new WHMCS version.

Yep... indeed true.

very true.. and some of the WHMCS updates have been lets just say not up to par...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There will probably take a long time before there is a version 6 as WHMCS not have time to remove SPAM in over 5 months from https://requests.whmcs.com/responses/multiple-billing-accounts-using-one-login

And Automatic Update Utility has been In Progress for almost a year https://requests.whmcs.com/responses/automatic-update-utility :cry:

Edited by wsd