Verify customer email address module

The ServerPing.net Verify Email addon module requires users to verify their email address before they will be able to login to the WHMCS client area. A customizable email is sent with a link for the customer to click on to verify their email address. Upon clicking the link they will be automatically logged into the client area.

*Features*

-Option to only require verification if the customer is ordering only free items.

-Verification can be enabled when a client updates their primary email address.

-This module does not prevent a user from placing an order, the order process completes, when the user clicks any link in the client area or if they try to login to the client area they will be redirected to a customizable page which explains the email verification process.

-If the client entered their email address incorrectly, they can change it from the verification screen and will be limited to a configurable amount of attempts to update their email address.

-This module is provided unencoded.

Order for $15 USD

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
The ServerPing.net Verify Email addon module requires users to verify their email address before they will be able to login to the WHMCS client area. A customizable email is sent with a link for the customer to click on to verify their email address. Upon clicking the link they will be automatically logged into the client area.

Regardless if user is ordering something or just opening new account?

And what the heck is email varification?

If someone creates an account with crap credentials and it gets past maxmind ( it does happen ) and they order a domain, hosting etc.

well the order is created, Hosting account created. Domain purchased. and they cant verify the email. and now I am out the funds for the domain and users have access to the hosting account. So what the heck is the purpose of the module for then?

And what the heck is email varification?

If someone creates an account with crap credentials and it gets past maxmind ( it does happen ) and they order a domain, hosting etc.

well the order is created, Hosting account created. Domain purchased. and they cant verify the email. and now I am out the funds for the domain and users have access to the hosting account. So what the heck is the purpose of the module for then?

For fraudster working manually, to create a fake account, he needs to use real email. This will slow down him a bit.

But for robots creating a fake accounts, they will not have access to account because of this script. Which is good! My intention is right that, to prevent robots creating a hundreds of fake accounts. A couple of days ago I got a sever fake accounts created by a robot script. Not any more.

The bottom line is that this should be used as a complementary protection beside maxmind etc.

I agree, it should be used WITH maxmind, However if the account is created by robot or by human and it gets past maxmind, then you are on the hook for the Cost of the domains that these $%^^&($#S order when they try to order hosting. So by working in tandem, IF maxmnd flags it end of story, If it passes maxmind then the order being held pending TILL email verification Stops the hosting accounts from being created till proven, and makes it so that the domain name is NOT purchased till the verification is complete, saving the host $$$$$. as I said before Yes they need to work together, but letting the account create without verification still makes LOTS of work when that robot tries to greate 100's of accounts..

I hope that I have explained it better so there is less confusion

- - - Updated - - -

I guess a better and shorter explination is,

The hosting account gets created and domain name ordered even if the user doesnt validate and create a billing account

lets get maxmind and this to work together to make sure that you have multiple levels of protection

I guess a better and shorter explination is,

The hosting account gets created and domain name ordered even if the user doesnt validate and create a billing account

lets get maxmind and this to work together to make sure that you have multiple levels of protection

Yes I got your point, now it works in reversal order: First email verification THEN maxmind is doing its job.

The WHMCS is working in that way that you can't put a domain registration on hold after payment has been done. So I'm frankly a bit pessimistic that it is easy to implement 'mail-verification-keep-domain-registration-on-hold' solution.

The purpose of this module isn't to prevent fraud, it is to ensure that clients signup with valid email addresses so that they will receive invoices, support replies, etc and will also prevent them from ordering again unless they have a valid email address.

It would be possible to create a module that would prevent the payment from taking place, we offer an SMS verification module that does this so we could do something similar with email verification and maxmind. I'll add it to my list to look into or if it is something you need right away you can contact me for a quote to have it custom developed.

It would be possible to create a module that would prevent the payment from taking place, we offer an SMS verification module that does this so we could do something similar with email verification and maxmind. I'll add it to my list to look into or if it is something you need right away you can contact me for a quote to have it custom developed.

That would be great for whole WHMCS community I think! I would invest in such solution for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There is no admin area output for this module. When a new client signs up they will be prompted to verify their email address. When testing this make sure you are not logged into WHMCS as an admin or the verify will be skipped.

• 2 months later...