Ticket close require client to enter message

neo.ealink

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone have any idea on how to make sure when the client tried to close the ticket, they are required to enter any message?

It is a validation for the client that want to close the ticket and will be a reference to us in the future.

For the moment, I just manage to modified the viewticket.tpl and put this javascript code for validation :

{literal}
<script type="text/javascript">
function myFunc(args) 
{
  var text2 = $("#replymessage").val();

if (text2)
  {
  window.location.replace("{/literal}{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}{literal}?tid={/literal}{$tid}{literal}&c={/literal}{$c}{literal}&postreply=true&closeticket=true");

}
  else
  alert(text + "Please enter reason or solution in the reply message area before closing this ticket!");

}

</script>
{/literal}
<p align="center"><input type="button" value="{$LANG.supportticketsstatuscloseticket}" onclick="myFunc()" class="closeticket" /></p>

The issue is that, by using these code above, It closes the ticket but the reply was never sent and never saved in the database.

Since there is no hook for "ticketClose", so, I really need to know is there any other solution for this?