update from 5.2.12 to 5.2.13 error WHOIS

• WHMCS CEO

This has been confirmed to be an error in the latest release and has been assigned a case number of 3670 for tracking purposes. In the meantime until a fix can be made available, WHOIS Lookups can still be performed by copying the domain and pasting it manually into the WHOIS Lookup tool which can be accessed via the Utilities menu. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Matt

Just updated one of ours and same problem, so will leave the others for now until a fix is out.

let me see if I understand this... yes, a whois script breaks - but you get a fix to zero-day security issues - and while the whois script is a *HUGE* pain in the rear, you would rather have an insecure and potentially hackable WHMCS installation than lose your whois?

fwiw - this whois is a MASSIVE pain - I use it so many times a day, that this not having the facility infuriates me enormously - but would I rather recover from a destroyed install? Heck no.... I think you're nuts for not upgrading, even with the whois issue.

@mattofwhmcs - that tracking ID you posted - can we track these bugs or is it for internal use only? This is a nightmare not having that whois link.

Subscribing as I have the same issue

ditto support is saying the invalid token is template_c but it is not, of course we already

cleared templates and refreshed browser cache, now Matt says there is a bug and it's being fixed

and that is great, and some guy wants his system hacked rather then lose whois capability, wonderful!

All this to get the required length to post to track this thread!

Security is important, but WHOIS is important too

They destroyed Twitter feed on home page before 6 months, i got answer:

The issue with Twitter is due to an update in the Twitter API, the unauthenticated v1.0 API is now discontinued.

We've opened case #2776 with our developers in order to have this resolved for future releases. Unfortunately, I cannot provide an estimated time for completion for this. However, once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here:

http://changelog.whmcs.com/

Hello,

After installing patch v5212 to v5213 the ability to use the 'Whois" from the clients profile stoped working and says "Invalid Token", so we uploaded the previous version in v5212 [whois.php] size 7,828 and now the whois works once again.

This has been confirmed to be an error in the latest release and has been assigned a case number of 3670 for tracking purposes. In the meantime until a fix can be made available, WHOIS Lookups can still be performed by copying the domain and pasting it manually into the WHOIS Lookup tool which can be accessed via the Utilities menu. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Matt

Merged several new threads into this one, also bumping Matt's post to be sure it's been seen.