Applied the update, now cant access

thinksynergy

I did it twice to make sure there were no copy errors, same error:

[21-Nov-2013 12:16:29 Europe/London] PHP Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to WHMCS_TokenManager::init() must be an instance of WHMCS_Init, instance of WHMCSCore given, called in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/client/includes/functions.php on line 0 and defined in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/client/includes/classes/class.TokenManager.php on line 0

HELP! I just received the email about security exploits. It says:

5.1.13 --> 5.1.14 http://go.whmcs.com/274/v5113_incremental_to_v5114_patch

MD5 Checksum: 6a6045dffbe7d43b3ff294e4acd87cfa

5.2.12 --> 5.2.13 http://go.whmcs.com/278/v5212_incremental_to_v5213_patch

MD5 Checksum: 94347dd8f6776b1e5a53fb3b65ce2a16

I was running 5.2.12 and I upgraded fine to 5.2.13. But then I downloaded and upgraded form 5.2.13 to 5.2.14 and now my entire WHMCS is DOWN and I see error:

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to WHMCS_TokenManager::init() must be an instance of WHMCS_Init, instance of WHMCSCore given, called in /includes/functions.php on line 0 and defined in /includes/classes/class.TokenManager.php on line 0

MY ENTIRE SITE IS DOWN. What shall I do? Please advise.

I patched from 5.2.12 > 5.2.13 but no further and everything seems OK : )

The instructions are not clear that if having completed that I then need to patch again from 5.2.13 > 5.2.14.

I read it as simply patching once from whatever version you have to the next incremental one.

I did not read that as having to apply patch after patch till I hit 5.2.14.

Maybe WHMCS could make this clear?

Trevor

Ah ****************!!!! Read this in their email:

5.1.13 --> 5.1.14 http://go.whmcs.com/274/v5113_incremental_to_v5114_patch

MD5 Checksum: 6a6045dffbe7d43b3ff294e4acd87cfa

5.2.12 --> 5.2.13 http://go.whmcs.com/278/v5212_incremental_to_v5213_patch

MD5 Checksum: 94347dd8f6776b1e5a53fb3b65ce2a16

You are absolutely correct. These are for 2 different installs... BUT why the **************** do they still have to do this? Sorry, I have NEVER cursed on this forum and I agree it is a violation, but sometimes a curse needs to be made ot show EXTREME annoyance.

Listen, in the heat of the damn moment when we're dealing with the WHMCS security exploits, we are quickly trying to deal with this ****************. Why can't they rename to totally different things? AND... why in the hell do they have these 2 different forks? I saw this a while ago and searched and could not find info on WHY this is so. So damn confusing.

It is my fault ultimately, but I rely on WHMCS to make this patching obvious as well. My fault. Site is porked. Server is off. We will need to rollback to an old server image from yesterday form a backup to restore. Then I will uprade to 5.2.13.

I guess I could go through and separate files and try to find what went wrong on that second incorrect patch upgrade, but that is tough. And I did overwrite the incorrect patch with a second upload of the incorrect patch... so I think the easiest way is to restore from backup and then patch... for me it takes about 30min and I am almost done.

Hello,

I have made an update today from 5.2.12 to 5.2.13 following the patch posted on the blog and after added the conversion patch. It seemed to work and now i have this error when trying to acces my admin area and clients have problems trying to pay for invoices getting the same error.

Please help as fast as you can:

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to WHMCS_TokenManager::init() must be an instance of WHMCS_Init, instance of WHMCSCore given, called in includes/functions.php on line 0 and defined in includes/classes/class.TokenManager.php on line 0

Maybe they should send out 2 separate advisories for the different version. I was in such a hurry to patch my install so I didn't get hacked again I didn't realize it was 2 different versions. I just saw .13 and .14 and logically thought they both needed to be installed. Restoring from backup now.

Maybe they should send out 2 separate advisories for the different version. I was in such a hurry to patch my install so I didn't get hacked again I didn't realize it was 2 different versions. I just saw .13 and .14 and logically thought they both needed to be installed. Restoring from backup now.

Indeed, I made same mistake. In my rush to update to avoid any hacks due to lame security holes I patched with .14 as well.

MODS you really need to change the title of this Thread as lot of people are getting confused, the title should be to Upgrade to 5.2.14.... to Upgrade to 5.2.13..., as at the time of posting this there isn't a 5.2.14, but there is a 5.1.14

Errr no they "really" do not need to change the title. Have you even bothered to read the topic? The title is entirely relevant to the fact that people are misreading and using incorrect patch.

AND... why in the hell do they have these 2 different forks? I saw this a while ago and searched and could not find info on WHY this is so. So damn confusing.

No, it's really not that confusing. I'm sorry your WHMCS install is hosed, but WHMCS has run 2 different branches for years. cPanel has different branches, Microsoft has different versions, IE, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

3 threads on same topic, merged here.

Thank you. I set up a forum for a client where they don't have moderators who merge duplicate/similar threads, and I've seen how confusing and ugly it can get.

I just updated from 5.2.12 > 5.2.13. When I try to log into the admin panel, it throws the following error:

Warning: main(/home/frigidho/public_html/my/includes/licensefunctions.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/frigidho/public_html/my/dbconnect.php on line 0

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/frigidho/public_html/my/includes/licensefunctions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/frigidho/public_html/my/dbconnect.php on line 0

5pMT1.png