Will WHMCS Easily Integrate with WordPress?

HeavyGU

I'm sure this question has been asked a billion times.... but I've searched but can't seem to find much in the way of integration with WordPress.

Not necessarily stuck on WordPress, but need a quick and easy to way to build a front end sales side.

Any ideas and/or links?

Hello,

I haven't seen any automated ways to do this. The only real way to do it is to take the HTML/CSS/Javascript from the Wordpress theme and then integrate it manually with the portal template to create a new WHMCS template.

You can then link both together.

Jack

If by "integrate" you mean make the WHMCS portal use the header and footer of your Wordpress site, yes, you can do that. It is not REALLY easy, but is moderately easy.

INTEGRATE INTO THE WORDPRESS MENU SYSTEM:

First, get the plug in "Page Links To" for Wordpress. This will allow you to create a blank page named "Client Portal" (or whatever) and link that page to your WHMCS installation.

After you install this plug in, it adds a field at the bottom of the page editor in Wordpress Admin where you can put the URL to link to; in my case, that's http://hostkabob.com/clients/.'>http://hostkabob.com/clients/. Save the page, and now you have, in your Wordpress page menus, a link directly to your WHMCS page.

INTEGRATE WHMCS TO THE "LOOK AND FEEL" OF YOUR WORDPRESS TEMPLATE:

Now, look for the Wordpress plugin called Template Sync. The instructions leave a lot to be desired on this plug in, but what it basically does is take your Wordpress header and footer and insert them into the WHMCS template files upon command. Install the plug in. Then, look for the configuration options under "Settings" > "Template Sync".

The configuration page starts with this:

Add the following hints to your WordPress theme files. The hints will be used to update another application's template files. Click Sync Template whenever your WordPress header or footer change.

<!--header.end--> The end of your WordPress header code.

<!--footer.begin--> The beginning of your WordPress footer code.

Include file contents from another template directory.

<!--{unique id}.inc--> The contents of {unique id}.inc will be added to the code at the specified location.

Exclude WordPress code from your templates.

<!--tpl.exclude--> The beginning of the text to exclude.

<!--/tpl.exclude--> The end of the text to exclude.

Include files from this directory:

You can edit the Wordpress "header.php" and "footer.php" files by clicking on "Appearance" > "Editor". It can get a bit complex here depending on your Wordpress theme. But for the most part, you would put the <!--header.end--> tag at the very end of the "header.php" file and save it, then open the "footer.php" file and put the <!--footer.begin--> tag at the very top of it. Save the file, and go back to the "Settings" > "Template Sync" configuration.

For now, ignore the "Exclude Wordpress code from your templates" section, and skip past the "include files from this directory" box, leaving it empty.

In the last two fields you put the PATH to your WHMCS header and footer files. Here are some samples (you'll have to find out what your actual path is to the files, probably replacing "user" with your username and "whmcs-directory" with the name of your WHMCS directory):

Write the header to this file (include path):

/home/user/public_html/whmcs-directory/templates/portal/header.tpl

Write the footer to this file (include path):

/home/user/public_html/whmcs-directory/templates/portal/footer.tpl

Now, you click the "Sync Template" button and see how your new WHMCS page looks.

Mine took some tweaking and still needs some work, but you can see it at http://hostkabob.com/clients/

The Template Sync plug in does not dynamically update your WHMCS header files. You do it on command by clicking that button. So, you do need to keep track of any manual edits you do to the header.tpl and footer.tpl files after syncing. You will need to add the edits back in if you sync again.

You may find that your Wordpress theme has extra stuff in it you don't want to show on your WHMCS page. You can put the exclude tags, <!--tpl.exclude--> and <!--/tpl.exclude--> before and after the code you don't want imported into your WHMCS templates, and the next time you click "Sync Template" button it won't import that code.

Is there a way to integrate the login - so members logging into WHMCS can also view content/areas in the WordPress system?

The shared login feature would be extremely useful! I.E. Member only content :-)

I've currently got the WHMCS to share the styles/layout of our WordPress site here:

http://missioncommunicate.com/members/

Looking for a login solution so if you have pointers - please fire away!

I have a post waiting to be approved with some specific instructions, but there are two plug-ins that allow you to mimic the theme of your Wordpress installation for WHMCS, "Template Sync" and "Page Links To".

"Page Links To" allows you to link a blank page to the directory your WHMCS installation is in. "Template Sync" allows you to sync the header and footer code from Wordpress into your WHMCS templates.

For an example, see my site; then use the page links to go to another page that uses the same template (like the About page; the Home page has a large slider on it that is different from the other pages).

It takes some tweaking, but its far easier than hand coding it.

Edited by fshagan
add detail and link

you could try ChoppedCode WHMCS Bridge

" The WHMCS Bridge plugin integrates your WHMCS support and billing software into WordPress providing a seamless and consistent user experience to your customers.

Thanks to the theme inheritance feature, you don’t need to style your WHMCS installation anymore, the integration ensures that your WHMCS installation looks and feels like your WordPress site.

Thanks to the single sign-on feature (WHMCS Bridge SSO plugin), your customers can sign in once on your site and comment on your blog postings, share information with their peers, order hosting plans and pay their bills."

personally I've never tried it and see people have issues using it (but then you can find someone who has an issue getting anything to work! lol)

• 6 months later...
dont complain when some one hackes the wordpress and then has all your WHMCS info.....

Have to agree with this.

I see no issue with running them side by side and indeed the risk presented by an OS platform to the sensitive data within WHMCS is a no-brainer...

JMTC

• 10 months later...

I have used that whmcsbridge plugin for wordpress and it works, but depending on the template/theme i had to customize a lot.

Didn't use their pro version that makes whmcs and wordpress into one login.

But i am thinking, if you have wordpress on one database and whmcs on another, just keep them seperate logins, i wont be giving people access/login to wordpress, but they can still access whmcs, it just has wordpress around it for the design and features.

Might be the safest way to have them together?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
They do a 30 day money back guarantee so no issue there, best to try the free version first, if it works fine, the pro version will work as well, if it doesn't, you may need to look at solving some theme issues or plugin conflicts ...

They recently updated the free version and yes it does work, however the pro version does not work it has major issues it does not even install on my theme i get php errors upon activation which totally kills my site ive demand a refund as its not fit for its purpose.

There is an integration product coming from Go Higher IS. I currently use the Joomla integration and have been for a couple of years now and the progress is fantastic. The new product, currently in Beta that will integrate with multiple products including WHMCS, WordPress, Joomla!, and Kayoko. The developer has plans to make it open to other applications.

Again, the production product is for Joomla and WHMCS, but the new Integrator 3 product will work with Wordpress as well. GoHigherIS has their Joomla product listed here on WHMCS.

There is an integration product coming from Go Higher IS. I currently use the Joomla integration and have been for a couple of years now and the progress is fantastic. The new product, currently in Beta that will integrate with multiple products including WHMCS, WordPress, Joomla!, and Kayoko. The developer has plans to make it open to other applications.

Again, the production product is for Joomla and WHMCS, but the new Integrator 3 product will work with Wordpress as well. GoHigherIS has their Joomla product listed here on WHMCS.

Good to know, although im still weary about the fact that if one of your logins gets compromised it can be pretty bad, especially if wordpress gets hacked and they get access to whmcs since they share the user logins.

I think its probably a smarter idea to just theme the client portal to make it look like your website that way its separate you keep the possibility of intrusion down, as well as wordpress version upgrades and plugin incompatibilities.

Thats just my 2cents.

• 5 weeks later...

I simply used an iFrame to place the entire WHMCS site on one of my pages on WordPress.

http://jacomconsultants.com/hosting-account/

I used the Bridge in originally, but it was not working the way I wanted. I'm actually looking to use WHMCS for all my products and services portal, and have a membership site I'm working on. I'm still working out the details because I'm not sure if I want to keep the payment gateway for one site in particular with WHMCS (I would prefer to) or to make them pay through s2Member Pro directly on the site.

In the first case, I will have to do some manual registering for each new user. In the second option, each level will be protected by the appropriate registration type, but they won't be through WHMCS for support and other features.

I cot the WordPress Client Sync thinking that that would be my answer to most of the problem of having them create 2 accounts. In concept, regardless of where they create the account, their user information is supposed to be synced on both the WHMCS platform and the connected wp site. But I have created a couple of test users on both, and it doesn't seem to be working.

Has anyone has any experience with this Addon?

Any feedback would be great.

Johnny

• 7 months later...
I simply used an iFrame to place the entire WHMCS site on one of my pages on WordPress.

Hey, Axman:

Are your customers able to checkout? The iframe worked well for me except for completing the order (i.e., Review & Checkout): The order is submitted (into the WHMCS order system) but the iframe refuses to redirect to PayPal.

Ideas? Suggestions? :?:

Edited by epretorious

Are your customers able to checkout? The iframe worked well for me except for completing the order (i.e., Review & Checkout): The order is submitted (into the WHMCS order system) but the iframe refuses to redirect to PayPal.

I've tested this using a static page with the iframe embedded in it:

<head>
</head>
<body>
This is an iframe:
<iframe src="https://www.rocket-powered.com/whmcs/cart.php" height="1200" width="900"></iframe>
</body>

...and compared the behavior of the iframe to the behavior of the /whmcs/cart.php page alone:

1. When completing the order using the iframe, WHMCS begins the redirection to PayPal but the resulting page is blank.
  2. If I go back two screens and view my invoices (Billing -> My Invoices), I'm able to pay the invoice because the invoice is displayed in a new tab and, from there, I'm able to select the PayPal buttons and be directed to PayPal.

This seemed to confirm that PayPal prohibits displaying in an iframe so I fixed this by editing the target attribute of the mainfrm to force the form to be opened in a new window:

[root@www rpc]# grep -r mainfrm ../orderforms/slider/viewcart.tpl 
<form method="post" action="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?a=checkout" id="mainfrm" target="_parent">

Now the form overwrites the page containing the iframe and PayPal completes the transaction.

Now all that remains is to figure out how to instruct WHMCS or PayPal to direct customers back to the page that contains the iframe:

Order Confirmation

Thank you for your order. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.

Your Order Number is: XXXXXXXXXX

If you have any questions about your order, please open a support ticket from your client area and quote your order number.

Click here to go to your Client Area

Suggestions? :?:

Edited by epretorious