Custom Free Trials Addon

Good afternoon.

Is it possible to use this addon for that at the end of the trial period the user receives an email with a link allowing to extend this period?

This would allow to distinguish between active and inactive accounts.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a question about your free trial module. I have it setup, I am able to create accounts using it, but when I attempt to suspend an account, I get an error "Array ( [result] => error [message] => CURL Error: 6 - Couldn't resolve host '' ) " I don't have a server setup since I am offering a free trial for a web site builder account therefore there is no server for it. Are you able to provide some suggestions?

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
Good afternoon.

Is it possible to use this addon for that at the end of the trial period the user receives an email with a link allowing to extend this period?

This would allow to distinguish between active and inactive accounts.

Thanks.

Hello,

Up please

• 1 month later...

hi,

we have a new WHMCS addon: Free Trial Pro System

with these addon you can manage more than one WHMCS products as a free product.

and you can setup for each free WHMCS hosting account

.) different durations (lifetime of the free product in days)

.) and 3 emails (first reminder, second reminder and a cancellation notice (WHMCS email templates)

if you are interested please send me a PM.

regards

roger

• 2 months later...

i have this installed and configured but with the setup of "free" product can someone please post either better instructions or screenshot of the add products page so i can see what the settings need to be so it works with the free trials and allows payment after trial thanks

I installed it and it look's great. Thanks so far.

I was wondering what the best practice would be, Products/Services Auto Terminate/Fixed Term 30 Days?

The Addon does not terminate the product it self?

And if i setup numbers of reminders in the setup of the addon, i do not need to choose a email Termination Template in Product/Services Tab.

Regards

i have this installed and configured but with the setup of "free" product can someone please post either better instructions or screenshot of the add products page so i can see what the settings need to be so it works with the free trials and allows payment after trial thanks

Anybody???

• 2 weeks later...

I have set this up just fine, but am not sure how is this different than the free trial offered within WHMCS? Both of these terminate the account. What I want to do is the following.

1. Offer a free trial.

2. Collect the payment for the term (monthly, quarterlt etc) whatever the customer chooses during the purchase.

3. After trial ends, if customer does not cancel, automatically charge the credit card for the payment.

Is this possible? If not, then how does the customer upgrade to the paid product after the trial? In both cases WHMCS is not really well designed to deal with trials and promotions. Looks like a programmer designed the product and not a business giy. The above method allows to generate revenue and makes the customer responsible to cancel if they do not want the product after the trial. Better way to retain the customer then forcing them to upgrade if they want the product. Backwards design. Every retail and billing software has this feature and unfortunately the folks at WHMCS designed this backwards. it favors the customer that does not want the product and makes the paying customer that wants the product have to do extra work by coming back and upgrading to keep the product. Not a very good customer experience.

bruno

i installed and working perfect.

in other products i have setup one product with three days trail

after 3 days product automatically terminated .

but if client invoice the same trail again he is getting

how to prevent customer to order only one time for the free product?

thanking you

• 1 month later...

I installed this addon. Today i got a message that 11 Hostings where Terminated:

Starting Performing Automated Fixed Term Service Terminations

SUCCESS: Client Name - Hosting-Testabo - Domain.com

Why this happens?

If you do not wish to automatically terminate these expired free trial accounts you must deactivate the "Cancellation Requests" option in "Automation Settings > Miscellaneous".

This is exactly the way i did the setting. But why this Test-Abos where terminated? Also i think no emails where send out to the client. This is realy not the way it should be. ... Hope you can help me with this.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Is it possible to send a link by mail for automatically renew trial period ?

Example :

1. Subscribe free product : 30 days trial

2. 25 days : send reminder that free trial expired on 5 days. Mail contain a link that allow user to renew trial period for 30 days.

etc...

And if user don't renew it, it will be terminated automatically at the end of 30 days.

Best regards,

Hugo

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 7/2/2009 at 12:29 AM, Lawrence said:

Hi guys,

I have made an alternate Free Trials addon for WHMCS. It works like the WHMCS Gold one, except that is managed and configured completely from within WHMCS admin (so no need to manually edit files). This is hopefully easier for non-coders :)

A simple readme.txt is included in the ZIP.

Hi Lawrence,

is this module still available ? 

thanks.

On 27/05/2019 at 14:19, rouadahi said:

is this module still available ? 

if it's 10 years old, I doubt that it would still work... plus he hasn't logged in for four years! 🙂

there are product trial features in WHMCS by default now (perhaps they weren't there 10 years ago) - take a look at the "Auto Terminate/Fixed Term" details on the page below...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Products_and_Services

12 minutes ago, brian! said:

if it's 10 years old, I doubt that it would still work... plus he hasn't logged in for four years! 🙂

there are product trial features in WHMCS by default now (perhaps they weren't there 10 years ago) - take a look at the "Auto Terminate/Fixed Term" details on the page below...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Products_and_Services

Dear brian!,

I am trying for some time now to offer on my existing products some trial period which after will hopefully lead to a continuation to the paid service. This option is not available on whmcs right now.

So for example John wants to try my hosting for a month and then if the service is good he will continue using the same service and pay for it.

if you have an idea or plugin that does this, please let me know

Regards,

20 hours ago, rouadahi said:

I am trying for some time now to offer on my existing products some trial period which after will hopefully lead to a continuation to the paid service. This option is not available on whmcs right now.

it might be. 😎

20 hours ago, rouadahi said:

So for example John wants to try my hosting for a month and then if the service is good he will continue using the same service and pay for it.

I think there are two ways to do this...

one option would be to have two products - for the sake of argument, let's call then "hosting (trial)" and "hosting (full)"... with "hosting (full)" being an upgrade product linked to the trial equivalent.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Automated_Upgrades_and_Downgrades#Free_to_Paid_Products

Free to Paid Products

When a free product is upgraded to a paid product a Next Due Date needs to be set to determine when it will renew. WHMCS sets this automatically to 1 billing cycle from the date of upgrade.

EG. If a client upgraded from a free product to a monthly paid product on 1st Jan, the Next Due Date would be set to 1st Feb.

so at anytime during the trial, John can upgrade from trial to full and pay the cost.... ideally, you'd also be using the Email Marketer to keep John informed that his trial will be ending in X days and he should upgrade if he wants to continue to use it... certainly before the trial auto terminates (if it is set to do so).

the other way would be to not have a trial product, but only a full product and use a promotion code to make the first month free - that way, after the first month, John will be charged as normal and he doesn't need to do anything as that will occur automatically - only if he wants to cancel before the end of the free month, does he need to do anything.

it really comes down to how well you know your customers - if you don't want the hassle of chasing them to upgrade from trial to full, then go with the second option and their payment details will be taken during the initial order; if you don't want to take payment details at the beginning, then use the first trial option and then keep encouraging them to upgrade.

On 5/29/2019 at 6:31 AM, brian! said:

it might be. 😎

I think there are two ways to do this...

one option would be to have two products - for the sake of argument, let's call then "hosting (trial)" and "hosting (full)"... with "hosting (full)" being an upgrade product linked to the trial equivalent.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Automated_Upgrades_and_Downgrades#Free_to_Paid_Products

so at anytime during the trial, John can upgrade from trial to full and pay the cost.... ideally, you'd also be using the Email Marketer to keep John informed that his trial will be ending in X days and he should upgrade if he wants to continue to use it... certainly before the trial auto terminates (if it is set to do so).

the other way would be to not have a trial product, but only a full product and use a promotion code to make the first month free - that way, after the first month, John will be charged as normal and he doesn't need to do anything as that will occur automatically - only if he wants to cancel before the end of the free month, does he need to do anything.

it really comes down to how well you know your customers - if you don't want the hassle of chasing them to upgrade from trial to full, then go with the second option and their payment details will be taken during the initial order; if you don't want to take payment details at the beginning, then use the first trial option and then keep encouraging them to upgrade.

Is there a way to have them order a yearly plan and not pay/be invoiced in the first 30 days?

On 03/06/2019 at 15:54, factor said:

Is there a way to have them order a yearly plan and not pay/be invoiced in the first 30 days?

if it's a yearly plan, you can't really use a promocode to give them a free month.... well, you can give them 1/12 off the price, but that's not a free month in the same sense as the cycle being monthly and the first month being discounted 100%.