Sync WHMCS Expiry and Next Due dates..

wipeout

I use Netearthone for domain registrations and it seems that the Expiry and Next Due dates on a number of domains are different.. I have the cron job running to keep it all in sync but it seems it doesn't sync the Next Due date..

The only reason I noticed it is because some renewals are coming up and there have be no notifications..

Is there some setting or other to get these dates to sync?

Thanks..

• 7 months later...
Next Due Dates aren't automaticlaly synced, this is to allow you to bill clients in advance of the expiry date if you so choose.

I am using the eNom module. At the moment I don't dare to use the "Domain Syncronisation Cron" for eNom, because I don't understand how it works. Example:

On the "Domain Registrars" when I choose to edit the eNom module, I have the following box that I can tick:

"Tick this box if you want the expiry date sync script to update the expiry and next due dates (cron must be configured)"

What I want is the "expiry" date to be updated when the cron run, but I don't want the next due dates to be changed, because this is used for the date the next invoice is sent, and this date must not be changed on the domain in my system.

So how can I let the eNom sync script only update the "expiry" date, but not change the "next due" dates?

Untick the SyncNextDueDate option and only expiry dates will be synchronised.

When the next due date is manually managed so you can group individual domains, hosting packages, etc. into a single invoice, does anyone know when the invoice is paid if the domains next due date gets updated correctly?

I have this disabled, but have also had to disable automatic domain renewals because of manual payments and domains being renewed twice.

But I do want the next due dates to be correctly updated to the next year when the invoice is paid--either via gateway, or manually.

Untick the SyncNextDueDate option and only expiry dates will be synchronised.

This doesn't seem to be working for me on numerous domains. Current WHMCS version, that option is not checked but the cron is running. These accounts were imported from MB not that long ago, and some were marked as expired, so perhaps that's stopping this from working?

With NEO there are no options under "Domain Registrars" and the following is stated about the cron job:

"Domain Syncronisation Cron

This registrar module has a sync script which can be run periodically to ensure expiry dates, next due dates and domain statuses are always up to date inside your WHMCS system. To utilise this feature, you need to setup a cron with the command below to run every few days."

Am I to beleive this is not working properly for NEO?

Also, I'm with michaelross... wouldn't it make sense for the cron to set the next due dates to be x days before expiry?

Edited by Mr George

• WHMCS CEO

In the case of the logicboxes modules (ResellerClub, NEO, etc...), it will update expiry dates and statuses, but not next due dates.

We could add a feature to set the next due date to be x days before expiry but it might cause some unwanted behaviours. For example if you offer a free domain with a hosting package, you need the next due dates to always remain in sync. And if you're invoicing the domain x days earlier than it's really due, you're going to be giving the user 2 invoices instead of 1 when it comes to hosting+domain, which is more work for them in having to pay two seperately, and more costs for you in having 2 transaction fees. This is why none of the syncs change due dates by default.

Matt

I see... here's an idea:

Make it possible to specify which domains are attached to packages as free domains (automatically on sign up or manually under products/services in the client profile), then when the cron runs it could match up the due dates for these with the hosting package and for the rest, change the due dates to be x days before expiry.

Edited by Mr George

• WHMCS Support Manager
This doesn't seem to be working for me on numerous domains. Current WHMCS version, that option is not checked but the cron is running. These accounts were imported from MB not that long ago, and some were marked as expired, so perhaps that's stopping this from working?

That'll be it. Only domains set to eNom and active will be updated by the eNom sync script.