CAMM - Client Area Menu Manager

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as how he is the developer, I think he is free to do as he wishes.

If you do not like it, do not use it. Don't go threatening people that you are going to decrypt their files just because you are unhappy with the module.

P.S. I do not think you know how to decrypt the file anyways:)

Kind Regards,

But it is just the advert of his services I do not want.

Just the same if WHMCS started to put in the encoded files "WE OFFER FREE WEB HOSTING TO ALL" you would not like that now would you.

It was not a threat it was a notice of intent.

P.S. I can. (but I have not nor would with any files made or supplied by WHMCS,

Now made by others yes I have and would if needed)

Edited by thehost5968

• 2 weeks later...

Still awaiting our integration by Boardoo... donæt know where we are going friom here, will probably scrap the use of this CAMM, waste of time and money as support and installation service(payed for up front) is non-existant... be warned they will take your money and leave you hanging, very unprofessional.

But it is just the advert of his services I do not want.

Just the same if WHMCS started to put in the encoded files "WE OFFER FREE WEB HOSTING TO ALL" you would not like that now would you.

It was not a threat it was a notice of intent.

P.S. I can. (but I have not nor would with any files made or supplied by WHMCS,

Now made by others yes I have and would if needed)

with all due respect, you are using the free version, so im sure its in the license agreement somewhere that he is allowed to put a tag line on the bottom, telling people on a public forum that you are going to start decrypting files to get things the way you want them is not a good idea. If WHMCS refuse to sort something that you want will you decrypt all their files to fix it? i think not.

Free software has to be paid for somehow, nothing is ever free in this world

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all... I had the misfortune of signing an agreement with a management company to take over day to day operations of Boardoo and a few of my other sites. It was a very specific agreement which required that I have no direct involvement in the sites outside of maintaining the servers since they wanted to be directly responsible for their own revenue flow. The only benefit outside of time to pursue other projects was that I didn't have to pay any management fees, just hand over a very high percentage of revenue (as in almost all of it). In the end they wanted the money, but didn't want to actually do any of the work for it.

As the announcement on Boardoo states..

"Boardoo is pleased to announce that day-to-day operations have been returned to the control of the original management team. In April of 2009, Boardoo's parent company signed a 6 month pilot operating agreement with an undisclosed company to provide for day-to-day operation and management for Boardoo.com and a handful of other internet properties. While this agreement allowed our team the time needed to pursue many improvements to Boardoo and other properties, it had the unfortunate result of allowing our customer service standards to fall below what we feel is acceptable. It is for this reason that we have chosen not to renew this agreement."

I tried to make sure support tickets were answered, even sneaking around and contacting clients to make sure problems were being addressed. Unfortunately, ending the agreement early would have been very costly for us, and that is was something that we just could not afford.

I am happy to say that the agreement we had expired on 10/31 at 11:59pm and for very obvious reasons, it was not renewed. It was an experiment, and it was one that failed but at least the fruits of the 6 months will not go unnoticed; an update to CAMM is out as of today, and vBLink 2.0 is finish and almost ready for a public beta.

To all those affected, please accept my most sincere apologies.

We are pleased to announce the release of CAMM 1.5.1, a very minor bugfix from 1.5.0. The only noticeable fix in this release involves menu item permissions for "registered" clients who log out of WHMCS but the menu items for those clients continue to be shown even though the client is no longer logged in.

Fixes in v1.5.1

• Fixed bug in menu item permissions where "registered user" menu items would still show after the client has logged out.
  • Fixed bug in remote version check where comparison would fail.
  • Fixed bug in upgrade process where upgrader would try to reapply same version sql commands when rerun.

Upgrading your existing CAMM installation is very easy.

• Make a backup of your WHMCS database. just in case!
  • UPLOAD the following files found in the modules/admin/client_menu folder located in the download:
    admin_install.php, admin_upgrade.php, client_menu.php, and menugen.php
  • Log in to your WHMCS Admin and go to Utilities -> Addon Modules -> Client Menu to complete the upgrade.

We are pleased to announce the release of CAMM 1.5.2, a very minor bugfix from 1.5.1. The only noticeable fixes in this release involves a small style chooser fix as well as a fix for hidden menu items within the admin module.

Fixes in v1.5.2

• Fixed bug in style chooser which would set incorrect CSS style prefixes.
  • Fixed bug in menu item admin that caused certain menu items to be hidden only within admin list.

Upgrading your existing CAMM v1.5.1 installation is very easy.

1. Make a backup of your WHMCS database. just in case!
  2. UPLOAD the following files found in the modules/admin/client_menu folder located in the download:
    admin_install.php, admin_upgrade.php, menu.tpl, and menugen.php
  3. Log in to your WHMCS Admin and go to Utilities -> Addon Modules -> Client Menu to complete the upgrade.

For all other versions, replace ALL files.

Interesting module - but is this just for the client area only?

I'm looking for something where we can easily edit the menus in the admin area, since we have customer service reps logging in and would only like to present them with a stripped down subset of the admin menus.

Please advise.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Is this module still available? I tried to download the free version to check it out, but it keeps telling me I have to purchase although I got an email from them with a download link. I emailed support and after a week and 3 emails no response!