CAMM - Client Area Menu Manager

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting ridiculous. Every time their site goes offline - frequently, it pulls down the menu on my site and slows the whole WHMCS client front end down to 30 seconds per page to load.

WE PAID FOR THIS SERVICE - not just for you to use a licence checker and destroy our sites and business when it isnt working. This needs sorting and fast

• 2 months later...
I can't log in to your client area, to re-issue a license..

Says dologin.php doesn't exist, and your support forums is broke.

Well, there's news. Piece of advice for you. Scrap your use of this and find something reliable. We got fed up with a totally unreliable service and non-support. Frankly, a rip-off and amateur service.

I can't log in to your client area, to re-issue a license..

Says dologin.php doesn't exist, and your support forums is broke.

Well, I agree, but my site is already coded for it, and has been for quite some time.

I didn't want to have to do it again..

stupid freaking idiots around here,.

I wouldn't label everyone an idiot as you have. I think there are some great people around here and I would not tar everyone with the same brush as mccny (he's the jerk...the only jerk).

Ya know I think boardoo has completely lost touch here. His site has been dead for weeks with empty promises its being re-work and will be back.

Well after a month of this and now I am having a license issue and the lack of communication from boardoo here and on his former forum I assume he has all but left us in the dark. Seriously what does his vBullitin upgrade have to do with WHMCS and our control panel ? Nothing... we can't even download any updates or even buy another mod. This is worse then before -- we might have been ignored but at least the site was working.

I have decided that getting the mods I paid for decoded is the only way to make sure that the product I paid for continues to work. I really hate having to go this route but Steve has given me and others no alternative.

Unless Mr. White can get his act together within the next 72 hours I am going to do what ever it takes to make sure the products I bought remain in the same working order that I paid for.

I am sure others that use his mods feel the same.

It's terribly disappointing when people take money and then later just don't communicate. At the very least they should open up their code and give it to the users.

Cheers,

Rick

I don't think Steve White even cares. I know of a number of people that have tried to contact him and got no reply.

Apparently his whole server died now...

Update 12/11/2010 00:59: Due to a server hardware failure Boardoo is currently being migrated to a new server location. Full service is expected to be restored within 12-24 hours.

First his forum is taken down after numerous complaints and then his whole site is deleted. Something is fishy about this whole thing.

hrmm sadly he is the only one out there with a mod for vBulletin (that im aware of) its a pity that a lot of these developers who fall by the wayside or whatever cant or wont just offer up their code either to whmcs or the community to continue on with the development and support...

• 1 year later...
Hello all... I had the misfortune of signing an agreement with a management company to take over day to day operations of Boardoo and a few of my other sites. It was a very specific agreement which required that I have no direct involvement in the sites outside of maintaining the servers since they wanted to be directly responsible for their own revenue flow. The only benefit outside of time to pursue other projects was that I didn't have to pay any management fees, just hand over a very high percentage of revenue (as in almost all of it). In the end they wanted the money, but didn't want to actually do any of the work for it.

As the announcement on Boardoo states..

"Boardoo is pleased to announce that day-to-day operations have been returned to the control of the original management team. In April of 2009, Boardoo's parent company signed a 6 month pilot operating agreement with an undisclosed company to provide for day-to-day operation and management for Boardoo.com and a handful of other internet properties. While this agreement allowed our team the time needed to pursue many improvements to Boardoo and other properties, it had the unfortunate result of allowing our customer service standards to fall below what we feel is acceptable. It is for this reason that we have chosen not to renew this agreement."

I tried to make sure support tickets were answered, even sneaking around and contacting clients to make sure problems were being addressed. Unfortunately, ending the agreement early would have been very costly for us, and that is was something that we just could not afford.

I am happy to say that the agreement we had expired on 10/31 at 11:59pm and for very obvious reasons, it was not renewed. It was an experiment, and it was one that failed but at least the fruits of the 6 months will not go unnoticed; an update to CAMM is out as of today, and vBLink 2.0 is finish and almost ready for a public beta.

To all those affected, please accept my most sincere apologies.

No replies Since November 2009 over 2 years. Wonder if he signed another agreement.

At this point who cares.... I eventually got the dev's or in the case of camm I got it decoded since the developer doesn't give a crap anymore. Even on his own site he doesn't answer anyone, tickets or forum. I really dislike having to do rash things but in this case it had to be done to keep my site working.

Edited by sgrayban