CAMM - Client Area Menu Manager

I am happy to announce that I am releasing my newest add-on for WHMCS called CAMM; the Client Area Menu Manager.

CAMM adds a nice DHTML/Javascript menu to your client area giving it a clean look and feel while enhancing it's usefulness. This module was designed from the ground-up as a WHMCS admin module. It features a complete management interface making menu setup easy, a plug-in interface for extending the menu, and 13 designs to choose from.

Features:

• Add an attractive dynamic menu your WHMCS client area!
  • Works with both out-of-the-box WHMCS styles including the Default and Portal!
  • Search Engine Friendly - Menu is built using plain html!
  • Integrates as a WHMCS admin module!
  • No limit to the number of submenus or menu items!
  • Each menu item can have an associated icon!
  • Configurable link targets; works across multiple frames!
  • Menu items can be hidden for guests.
  • Menu items can be designated as seperators!
  • Configurable item display order can be chaned at any time!
  • Menus can be moved around anywhere in the menu without deleting and/or recreating!
  • Integrated plug-in system for extending the menu by adding dynamic menu items.
  • Announcements Plugin displays recent announcements in the menu!
  • Product Groups Plugin displays all visible product groups in their display order!
  • 13 different menu styles, including one customized to the default WHMCS colors.
  • Compatible with browsers lacking javascript; menus will be displayed in a tree format instead!

Admin Features:

• Includes a pre-configured menu designed for each WHMCS style; no further customization is required!
  • Complete plugin integration with the Administration Panel!
  • All System Settings can be changed online, without editing any php files!
  • Menu Item Manager shows all menu items in an easy to read, indented list.
  • All Menu Item Settings can be changed at any time!
  • Easy installation with only 3 minor template modifications to one template!

This module is available in both free and commercial releases. The free version is limited to 30 menu items, has no plug-in support, and displays a fairly small and inconspicuous "powered by" tag in the footer of your site. No re-installation is necessary if you choose to upgrade.

You can see a working demo and get help here.

You can get the free release here, registration is required.

My site is still very much under development; I've been working very hard at integrating 4 separate scripts into a common user experience so please feel free to report any problems with the site or any suggestions you may have.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks a nice mod and looks like you have worked very hard however a thumbs down from me.

My view is people purchase their WHMCS license, why pay for an ad-on that is more Aesthetically pleasing when the current one works fine? I am sure if it was free like all the other ad-ons it would be alot more popular, but unless I see a massive change type ad-on or something completely new I doubt I will be paying out.

Other than that it looks very good and I am sure will suit others fine. :-P

Goodluck!

Regards,

Andrew.

Looks a nice mod and looks like you have worked very hard however a thumbs down from me.

My view is people purchase their WHMCS license, why pay for an ad-on that is more Aesthetically pleasing when the current one works fine? I am sure if it was free like all the other ad-ons it would be alot more popular, but unless I see a massive change type ad-on or something completely new I doubt I will be paying out.

Other than that it looks very good and I am sure will suit others fine. :-P

Goodluck!

Regards,

Andrew.

Thank you for your feedback. Just so you know, I understand your point of view, and for the record, you can get a version of it free. :) If it were just a few hours of development time, I might agree with you, but unfortunately beyond I did incur some cost to be able to redistribute some of the underlying menu code.

First debug :P...well, error in instructions...

Your missing an if statement from instructions for portal:

{if !$camm_config.menu_enabled}

On that note, I'm still trying to get it working with our integration theme.

Thanks for the bug report, I will ensure that the install instructions are updated right away. If you need some assistance getting setup, please feel free to open a ticket with me.

• 4 weeks later...

CAMM v1.1 has been released. It is entirely a maintenance release that fixes two specific problems that would cause the menu to fail to render properly.

Existing users: To upgrade, download the latest version from the customer support center and upload only client_menu.php and functions.php.

Andrew,

The main differences between the free and paid (unlimited) release is that the free release is limited to 30 total menu items, and it doesn't use plugins either. The paid release has none of these restrictions, plus it includes two plugins (soon to be 3); Announcements and Product groups.

I have not written a configuration guide as of yet, but customization is fairly easy. The menu pieces are merely templates, and the menu CSS is broken into separate stylesheets for horizontal and vertical menu items. Sample code for creating a plugin is also included if you choose to write your own.

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Speaking of plugins, in a couple days or so I'll be releasing v1.2 which is primarily a bugfix, but also introduces a brand-new plugin; "My Products and Services" which adds a submenu off of Products and Services with a direct link to each of the clients active products.

CAMM_myproducts_plugin.jpgCAMM_myproducts_plugin.jpg

After a few days of delay I'm happy to announce the release of of CAMM v1.2 which includes a couple minor bug fixes and enhancements.

New Features:

• My Products & Services Plugin which displays all active products and services beloging to the logged in client!
  • W3C xhtml1-transitional Doctype Validated!
  • Experimental integration with Kayako under WHMCS!

Fixes:

• Corrected duplicate closing list tags on plugins.
  • Enclosed javascript in HTML comment tags for validation.
  • Corrected empty list tag pair when menu item is a disabled plugin.

The download links in the first post have been updated.

There are no database changes, just upload the files and go.

(Note: All .tpl templates have been updated in this release)

Edited by rmccny

No problem, I happened to still be logged in here.. To add the My Products plugin, the easiest thing to do is to create a menu item as a sub menu of My Products and Services and give it a title of plugin::my_products and make sure the guest permissions checkbox is not checked. If I ever get the time I will assemble a user manual or knowledgebase that covers things like this. :)