V3.6.1 Preview Feedback

Matt

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Domain "Do Not Renew" feature to prevent automated renewals of domains - can be enabled/disabled from both admin and client side

Is this setting auto-renew status at the registry, or just in whmcs? If it's at the registry, the issue with this is that a domain will be renewed regardless of payment then being received by the customer, for example if their card details change. If it's purely within whmcs then it's a great new feature

• WHMCS CEO
Is this setting auto-renew status at the registry, or just in whmcs? If it's at the registry, the issue with this is that a domain will be renewed regardless of payment then being received by the customer, for example if their card details change. If it's purely within whmcs then it's a great new feature

I can confirm the auto renew setting is just inside WHMCS. Auto renew should always be off at the registrar so you don't get any problems like you describe and then WHMCS just submits the renewal command upon payment being received for it.

I don't like the new admin homepage either. I don't really see the reason behind changing it.

The primary reasons for the change were to provide more information to the admin user at a quick glance (and in an easier to interpret format ie. graphically) and to make the To Do list useful by having it larger and showing all the info rather than the small ineffective box previously.

Matt

I really like the new admin page, and agree that the info displayed is great to have at a glance.

I can see why people are saying its cramped however....

The quick summary at the top looks great, and the boxes amplify the quick glance aspect.

The sections below (to do list, unpaid invoices etc) just appear far too cramped, but maybe this is due to them being too texty. Perhaps if they neatened using boxes like at the top it would be a lot better.

Just my 2p :)

The primary reasons for the change were to provide more information to the admin user at a quick glance (and in an easier to interpret format ie. graphically) and to make the To Do list useful by having it larger and showing all the info rather than the small ineffective box previously.

The graphics are okay - Though it'd be a big improvement of they were linked to the relevant section.

Matt

I don't see how it provides the ability to look at a 'quick glance' because you have to scroll down to see everything. To me it just looks like you made it more bulkier and added a bunch of fancy completely useless bar graphs to it.

I don't see how it makes it any easier to look at noting you have to scroll down to view all the important information and not to mention the bar on the left side is missing.

So thank you but no thank you, I'll stick with the original admin template.

Love the graphical information.

Can i ask whether you intend to add the 'Improved HomePage Todo list"?

there seem to be aquite a number of users that use the system for more than just domains and hosting. Will the home page graphics code be accessible for users to create additional graph mods?

E.g. I resell services for suppliers, so a graph for a specific products (which would be higher volume for me than domains) would be excellent.

Also, being able to group the suppport tickets by type rather than (or as well as) status would be important.

I also notice that the hotlink to support tickets, as well as 'most recent tickets' is gone from the homepage. or is this just becasue there are no pending tickets.

On the domain side, I do like the domain checkbox option, rather than checking all automatically, although adding a "check all available" as a default/first option would be a good idea.

Need to have a play later for more feedback

I can confirm the auto renew setting is just inside WHMCS. Auto renew should always be off at the registrar so you don't get any problems like you describe and then WHMCS just submits the renewal command upon payment being received for it.

That's great news - I just wanted to clarify it seeing as it's a new feature and it refers to auto-renew in the user's control panel. It's a feature that has certainly been required. Many thanks from everyone who benefits from this.

I would really really really like to be able to quicksearch the recorded IP addresses for the clients. Clients get blocked by the firewall and it makes it easy to look them up.

The functionality is there already but I have to type in a URL with the IP address as follows:

http://www.mydomain.com/members/admin/clients.php?searchin=ip&q=68.

which pulls up all the IP's starting with 68.

Sheesh, everyone stop whining. Matt already said you can use the old style if you like and of course as always, you can modify the template to how you want it anyway. I do agree that i dont like the design, but hey, its no big deal as i can make it look whatever way i want. Thanks matt for the big improvements overall!

I am also missing the left side navigation. To me that was easier than having everything at a quick glance O_o

Perhaps have a "collapse" button where it will compress the information shown there. Also, if the side bar doesnt fit, those blocks look like they can be compressed, A LOT. If its not compressed for larger companies with a huge amount of customers, perhaps change 1,000 to 1k or 1,500 to 1.5k so it keeps it short. Not sure if thats how it works already or not but those sure could be compacted.

The new look is nice and all but it looks really bad on a wide screen monitor ;)

Matt, ( and everyone else who is on this project )

First of all - thank you for your good work and your constant strive for an improvement.

Here are some of my thoughts.

1) The new first page visually is a little bit confusing. It is hard to glance and get immediate idea of what is happening. I would keep the graphical bars on the side while keeping the navigation panel to the left. I find the "to do list" not very useful. Maybe the graphic bars could go there ? Just an idea..

2) I would say an improvement would be to color code the left menu. That would be really nice! Some beige colors etc would fit great. ( I like the new font color schemes in M$ Word 2007, very good picks. Maybe something similar ? )

3) I really like the top box "Quick Summary". Very clear and nice. Good idea.

4) Very good layout for client details. Again I would use a little bit more colors to group certain tables together. Not a lot to make it annoying, but just enough to make it “visually simpler” ( there is lots of data compacted into one page )

again, very good job. thanks again for this outstanding product.

Hi Matt,

Thatz a gud admin page.. ofcourse as others said we are used to the old admin page and hence they are feelin lil uncomfortable without the left menu.

Anyway, it is just an option rte. Anytime, we can revert back to the old template.

Btw i remember you mentioning in one of the posts that the POP email import functionality for the tickets will be improved in V3.6.1 so that it will work with GOOGLE APPS.

Has it been done..? would appreciate if it was fixed and released along this version. Many of using GOOGLE APPS and would require this functinality

Regards,

Sriram