V3.6.1 Preview Feedback

Matt

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if you look at the demo right now (until someone changes it) the home page shows 1 open, 2 customer reply, 1 answered tickets (see first attachment)

yet you open up support tickets (see attachment 2) and there is only 1 ticket there. and the filter tickets on the left shows 2 answered tickets also (see attachment 3)

is there some issue with the stats?

2008-04-10_094336.png

2008-04-10_094618.jpg

2008-04-10_094639.png

That was probably me - I flagged a ticket to a different user while I was playing about with it.

That's one thing that I think should work differently - there is no way of viewing a ticket flagged to another admin unless you go directly to its url. It won't show up in any lists, even if you open the search and tell it to show you everything.

That was probably me - I flagged a ticket to a different user while I was playing about with it.

That's one thing that I think should work differently - there is no way of viewing a ticket flagged to another admin unless you go directly to its url. It won't show up in any lists, even if you open the search and tell it to show you everything.

I find that to be a huge pain as well.

But can it tell me when I really need coffee, or better yet, even to make one for me?

That's the mod we are all really waiting for

Yes, you just make the first item in the new to-do system "get a PA" - worked for me :D

As long as its a template and all the information is accessible, then its fine for me ...

The demo is currently not working?

Whats with all these graphs and charts, when there are already problems with the WHMCS workflow that prevent its automated usability, which could have been fixed VERY easily?

1)

You can't enable the domain auto-register facility because regardless of using maxmind or any other fraud prevention, the billing systrm WILL go and register the domain name even before the customer order has been approved, leaving NO CHOICE but to disable the auto-register facility, leaving existing customers renewals all having to be done manually.

This is a serious flaw that needs addressing ASAP. If an order is PENDING, then NOTHING should happen at all for new orders, nothing, no auto domain registrations, no account creations, yet the current system seems to find it acceptable to hold off on creating the hosting account, but will happily go and register the domain name before you've had a chance to review the order.

I dont care that Matt has created a ton of graphs that now slow down page loading and show a ton of stuff that really isnt essential, these could all have been put under "Reports"

What we REALLY care about is not having to spend hours of time manually renewing existing customers domain names because we cant use the auto-registration facility, just in case a fraud order comes in and cost's us a bundle.

Even a fraudster with a "borrowed credit card" using his mobile phone can get past MaxMind in seconds, we know because we tried it and its rubbish, so we check orders manually and actually do telephone customers to speak to them and verify quite a few other things before we approve an order and we have a 100% anti-fruad success rate in 8 years.

Matt

We want the essentials corrected first, before extra bells and whistles are added. Pending orders really do need to be kept pending, nothing happens at all for pending customers, allowing existing customers to auto-renew upon payment and go about their business.

Drop all th fluff, and get the workflow spot on first.

How about introducing a little flag of the country or actually listing the country that the order was placed from when viewing a pending order, instead of us having to go look it up on the web?

The demo is currently not working?

The online demo is possibly being upgraded to the latest beta released yesterday.

How about introducing a little flag of the country or actually listing the country that the order was placed from when viewing a pending order, instead of us having to go look it up on the web?

Great idea!

Change the default domain registrar for all your domains to 'none', then before you click approve on the pending order, select the appropriate registrar.

Nick

We are well aware of that and have been doing that already for months, but this is the entire point, we shouldnt have to because "Pending" should mean exactly that, not "Go register the domain at our expense only to find later its fraud"

Setting the default domain registrar to NONE also then means that all client renewals need to be processed manually meaning we have to go over the entire list of domains, check to see if invoice for it is paid, then manually hit the "renew" button under each clients domain name.

This completely removes the automation.

What we would like to see is every "New customer" to be left pending until we say otherwise, while existing customers (Already screened as worthy) to be able to auto renew without us having to intervene, ever, but its this 1 work flow issue thats preventing this.

Thats why we get really cheesed off to see all these extra bells and whistles being added, yet essential workflow problems not even being "looked into"

We have raised this issue with WHMCS already and have not had a favourable response, which is why we though we would raise it here and see if any other users also feel this should be changed before any extra work is imposed upon us having to do things manually.

Renewals should be able to be processed automatically this way - when you approve the pending domain order and choose the registrar then the registrar used is saved with the rest of the domain's data. All our customers' domains are automatically renewed when appropriate, and we have the default registrars set to 'none' to prevent automatic registration without our approval.

• WHMCS CEO
Matt

We want the essentials corrected first, before extra bells and whistles are added... Drop all th fluff, and get the workflow spot on first.

A bit over dramatic but while it may be an inconvenience, what you want is a new feature rather than workflow change - and quite a good one I might add. It certainly has been thought off, considered and is on the to do list. That is:

The option to turn on/off the automatic renewal of domains upon payment independantly of automatic domain registration for new orders.

I see it being added before too long.

New features and improvements are welcome, but still I think that any existing bug, no matter how small it is, if it is reported it should be fixed first, before any new feature or design changes...

Not all bug reports made are in fact bugs. Quite often it's a difference of opinion on how something should work or how a user expects something to work. Or a complex subject, like for example the thread right now on .uk domain renewals, redemption periods after expiry, renewal rules for how long the domain has been active, max lengths/expiry dates, etc... I can assure you every bug that is a simple case of an error or something that needs fixing is done so as a priority.

Matt

Not all bug reports made are in fact bugs. Quite often it's a difference of opinion on how something should work or how a user expects something to work. Or a complex subject, like for example the thread right now on .uk domain renewals, redemption periods after expiry, renewal rules for how long the domain has been active, max lengths/expiry dates, etc... I can assure you every bug that is a simple case of an error or something that needs fixing is done so as a priority.

Matt

Ok, but that depends how you look on it... For example minimum number of characters still can't be set for domains, and that will allow client to order and pay for premium domain or for some domain that is not even possible to register, because some registries don't even allow domains with less than 3 characters. For me, this is a bug, you can call it feature request but for me it's just a bug to allow client to order and pay for something that is not possible to provide...

I also reported one more small bug in v3.6.1 here in this thread with colors on Products dropdown, but as I see it's stil there at new demo. It's not something important but it's stil there... :) Maybe you just missed it... http://forum.whmcs.com/showpost.php?p=56717&postcount=66