The ability to mass-select elements without the ability to perform mass actions (TLDs)

Daniel C

Is this a logical error?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a logical error?

There is something I completely don't understand. I have already reported this in tickets some time ago, but despite rewriting the ticket, there is still no willingness to fix this logical error. Could someone from the community be able to explain to me in a simple way why we have the ability to mass-select TLDs, but we cannot perform mass actions on the selected elements, such as "delete" or "set the default registrar" for the selected extensions? I would appreciate your help in understanding this topic. I don't understand why we can mass-select something if we can't perform actions on it. (Maybe I'm just behind the times.)

😵tld.jpg.6e9feb56b1c23856aba41d697584293d.jpg

????????

• 2 weeks later...

@WHMCS John   

You can argue with arguments, but it is logical that if I can add something en masse and mark it en masse, I should also be able to delete en masse and assign en masse to the recorder. It's simple logic.

It's not that there are just a few TLD extensions we're working on, but hundreds. Please add these capabilities.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Daniel C,

We recently received a feature request to add such an option. I invite you to add your vote in support: https://requests.whmcs.com/idea/bulk-delete-tld-pricing

The more votes an idea receives, the more likely it is to be considered by our development team for potential inclusion in a future feature update.

@WHMCS John  You need people's votes for basic functions? Seriously? I just don't even know how to comment on that.   🥴

What's more, it's funny that the lack of these two functions can be considered an error. If I can add something in bulk, it's logical that I should have the ability to delete things in a similar way, just like 2+2.   🥴

• WHMCS John changed the title to The ability to mass-select elements without the ability to perform mass actions (TLDs)
  • WHMCS John locked this topic
  • WHMCS John unlocked this topic
  • 2 months later...

I experienced this exact issue yesterday. Like yourself I realised there was no need offering so many TLD options when I only ever have sold .com, .net, .org, .biz and .co.uk

I found it odd that it wasn't possible to mass delete but at the same time I understand WHMCS's view that the need would be rare for most.

The easy fix was to delete directly via the database using phpmyadmin. Move your TLDs you would like to keep to the top of your list. In PHPmyadmin I found this did effect the table order so was able to mass delete all un-needed TLDs instantly. Like yourself I was also dreading the thought of doing it manually.

Edited by zomex